Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

AspieGurl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Feb 2006, 3:39 pm

i found this list on the web
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently noticed a number of names on lists of "Famous Homeschoolers" were also listed as "Famous Autistics" and thought it would be interesting to cross reference. Here's what I've found so far:

Paul Erdos
Albert Einstein
Thomas Jefferson
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Thomas Edison
Leonardo da Vinci
Benjamin Franklin
Mark Twain
Jane Austen
Hans Christian Anderson
Anton Bruckner
George Bernard Shaw
Marie Curie
Ansel Adams
Leo Tolstoy
Charles ****ens
Blaise Pascal

I hope this will be of interest for those of you who are already homeschooling or are considering it. I find it comforting to read lists like this on days when I'm feeling worried or stressed about our choice to homeschool, kinda cheers me back up again

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2006, 9:49 pm

That's cool, AspieGurl! I homeschooled 5 of my kids for a total of 11 years. (I'm old) It was so much fun (work, too!) I wish I could've kept doing it but I just got too tired. I really wish that my parents would have known about homeschooling me. I hated school so much I ended up getting into trouble, being kicked out, then dropped out. I loved learning and my grades were high, I just couldn't deal with the culture of school. I rejected it.