Would you want a videogame themepark?

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2010, 11:25 am

This is an awesome idea.

However this would only be remotely possible in Japan.
The Japanese would go insane over something like this and this idea sounds like something they would do. (They built a life-size Gundam ina park for fricks sake)
Different games and characters can come together with out so many legal restrictions working against it over there so it much more of a real possibility there than here.

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

PikaYoshi
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jan 2010, 8:38 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZbmmcG_PAk[/youtube]

Fintan29
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jan 2010, 6:46 pm

Whenever I hear that there's a Super Mario themed theme park, that's going to be on the top of my travel list.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2010, 10:46 pm

I think a Nintendo theme park would work good. I can imagine tons of ideas for Zelda. Ganondorf,Zelda,Link costumes and get this idea! Skull Kid! from MM!! !! running around the park!! !! and you can buy Ocarinas (and different musical devices from the game) (A store with Ocarinas etc. Spirit Flute from Spirit tracks etc. Oh a Spirit Tracks ride for the kiddies (Join Zelda/Link on the Spirit Track kiddies. A couple $100 (U.S. change price accordingly) A REAL Metal Master Sword (and plastic other ones.) Costumes for Halloween (kids dress up as Zelda,Link,Ganondorf,Skull Kid etc.) Oh and Hyrule Castle (Think Magic Kingdom/Cinderella in it but substitute Zelda of course) OMG! HELL you could make a Zelda theme park DAMN! (Ok maybe Mario would be a Nintendo theme park focus but they'd have to have Zelda,Pokemon area. OH s**t! How about a Metroid ride!! !! (Think Back to the Future shaky ride (You ride in HER SHIP!! !! !! through space on a mission to get space pirates!! !! !)

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2010, 1:32 am

... um okay...

I'll admit a Zelda-based themepark would have a lot of opportunties, but I doubt it would sail without being part of something larger, such as a themepark for the world of Nintendo. Remember that Zelda is just one fanbase (albeit a popular one). The best themeparks take advantage of multiple fandoms (which is why I keep trying to get Disneyworld to open up a Kingdom Hearts park, it would appeal to those too old for traditional Disney. )

I have an idea... what if there were like an event at said Nintendo themepark similar to Super Smash Brothers, where the characters put on a battle show or something? Just an idea.

PS: I don't care about having the Skull Kid at the Zelda themepark as long as it doesn't try to drop a moon on us again.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

hellopeople
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Feb 2010, 1:55 am

I always thought it would be awesome to build an exact copy of one of the maps in the original Doom game IRL. Then have paintball matches there.

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Feb 2010, 3:27 am

I agree that something like that wouldn't make enough money to stay open in America. As someone else said, the only place that may work is Japan. I think the most America (or any other country outside Japan for that matter) will get is a video game themed area in a larger park, and even that seems like a stretch. However, (and I'm surprised no one has mentioned this) there was a Sega themed themepark called Segaworld. They were located in Australia, England, and China. I think they're all closed down now though.