Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

MJackson
Raven
Raven

05 Jan 2010, 11:40 pm

uiiui

Last edited by MJackson on 06 Jan 2010, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wormsto
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jan 2010, 5:07 am

i have the exact same problem.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 5:33 am

MJackson wrote:
I'm starting to feel jealous of many guys I know who get attention from the girls I like ...
I'm sick of all these jocks getting the girls I like. And it seems that none like me. They are all creeped out by me. They often like the guys who have all the girls all over them. I'm sick of this.

Good. And now if you can, or as best you can, step back a bit and look at that situation for what it is and with pity rather than jealousy ...

"I'm sick of all these jocks getting the girls [who] like the guys who have all the girls all over them."

Begin looking for the girl who is *not* crawling on top of or sliding under all the jocks.

MJackson
Raven
Raven

06 Jan 2010, 7:06 am

You're Right, Thanks

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 10:00 am

Being handsome is a plus, but not the be all and end all in a relationship. Most girls, unless extremely shallow, are going to look for a bit more in a person. Thinking that your looks alone entitle you to a girlfriend is a real turn-off, so forget about them and see what else you need to work on in your life (i.e. you say that girls are creeped out by you; perhaps you should examine which behaviours are considered 'creepy').

alana
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 6:31 pm

I bet it will be different post hs or college.

In high school you seem to have to have permission to like someone, it's a very herd mentality, about social acceptance. you are on the threshold of a whole new world.

TrickTrick
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jan 2010, 6:52 pm

Not really. Unless I don't like the guy, but that's a different concept completely.

Nah, I'm usually happy when other people get into relationships, even when I asked them out already. I'm just not what they were looking for, is all.

DataSage
Raven
Raven

06 Jan 2010, 7:48 pm

Quote:
But nothing happens. I'm a senior in high school and haven't had a gf yet since I've been in high school. My counselor said she's surprised because I'm so handsome. I'm sick of all these jocks getting the girls I like. And it seems that none like me. They are all creeped out by me. They often like the guys who have all the girls all over them. I'm sick of this. I've been trying to ignore this problem for months and managed to do it, but now I'm tired and I cant sleep at night.

Hmm.

My first observation is you are putting way to much emphasis on the idea of getting girls. Do not put women on a pedestal. Think of yourself as the better person, the goods, so to speak. Market yourself accordingly.

I understand your eagerness, and your disappointment in all the girls who say you're handsome but don't want anything to do with you. My best advice to you is to cool it. Live your life. You are only a senior in HS, things will change. I bet if you loosen up a bit, and look at life as one big learning experience, and stop getting distressed, you'll be hooking girls in no time.

Also, being in a relationship isn't all that great in my opinion. It takes a certain type of person. If you really think you're cut out to have a girlfriend go for it; if it's just a matter of hooking up with someone, be careful what you wish for...