Slovaks plant explosives on air traveller

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2010, 7:09 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8441891.stm

Quote:
Irish police have released a man held over an explosives find, after Slovak authorities admitted planting them in his luggage as part of a security test.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2010, 2:43 am

Sounds deeply wrong, I worry about the idea of the innocent passenger being taken off, strip searched, poked, prodded and held for days in a cell.

If one government want to test their airport screening with a real sample of explosive then the correct thing to do would be to put in the bag of a police officer, solider or security guard who has agreed to carry the item AND to provide the person with a get out of jail free card in the form of telling the senior management of ait port security about the planned test.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2010, 7:49 pm

Woodpecker wrote:
If one government want to test their airport screening with a real sample of explosive then the correct thing to do would be to put in the bag of a police officer, solider or security guard who has agreed to carry the item AND to provide the person with a get out of jail free card in the form of telling the senior management of ait port security about the planned test.

Actually, the Dublin airport security was informed of this before the plane arrived, but they chose to detain him anyway. But I do agree that their test subject should have been someone who knew and consented to having explosives placed on him to test security. The Poprad-Tatry Airport should really start handling these things more appropriately, before someone gets water boarded.