Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

queenserenity22
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jan 2010, 3:28 am

I found myself pondering over the song "99 bottles of beer" and I thought to myself if you are taking a bottle of beer down and passing it around, how large is said bottle of beer that is being passed around? The song doesn't mention how many people are sharing this bottle of passed around beer. So now my challenge to you guys is come up with your own theories on this particular issue. :)

Vince
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2010, 12:39 pm

What I don't get is they keep taking them down and passing them around, one by one, and there's 99 bottles, which is plenty of beer, so why not just give everyone a bottle of their own right away? That would also eliminate spit-back and potential spreading of things.
Unless all these people are stupid (which, granted, might explain why they're drinking beer in the first place), I think it might be fair to assume that it's at least fairly likely that there's more than 99 people involved in this strange ritual, seeing as how they're having to share even though there are 99 bottles readily availible on the wall.