High School or GED? Opinions please!

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

serenitynow
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Feb 2010, 1:38 am

Hi there,
I really feel for you. Anxiety is a terrible feeling and when it got too much for my son who is 16, we took him out of school. Well, offered him the choice to finish online if he wanted. He was completely relieved.
This is a great alternative if they can work on their own, online or through mail. He will graduate at his own pace with a Diploma! Probably before his class of 2011.
They also offer many classes in art, photography, computer, the list goes on. If this could be an option, search online schools.
He will probably go to college with a combination of night classes and online programs.
He still has a social life too, involved in quite a few things.
It is a great alternative for us.

puddlelion
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Feb 2010, 2:02 am

Ok, if I read this right. one reason you daughter doesn't want to study evolution has to do with her beliefs and her religion, right?
In my highschool. we had to take Biology and that included disections of many animals. Some kids got to "opt out" because of their religious beliefs. Could this be an option for you guys?