Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,091
Location: 0.5 Galactic radius

27 Jan 2010, 2:32 pm

I hereby decree that you must be 160 years old before you can drive a motor vehicle, you must be 180 before you can smoke tobacco, 210 before you can drink alcohol, and 250 before you can be considered "responsible" by insurance companies.



Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,157
Location: Omnipresent

27 Jan 2010, 4:25 pm

There are no rights and ages are irrelevant.



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 84
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,502
Location: New Jersey

27 Jan 2010, 4:43 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
I hereby decree that you must be 160 years old before you can drive a motor vehicle, you must be 180 before you can smoke tobacco, 210 before you can drink alcohol, and 250 before you can be considered "responsible" by insurance companies.


I declare you are madder than a March hare.

ruveyn



irishaspie
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 25 Sep 2008
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 290
Location: ireland

27 Jan 2010, 4:57 pm

Thy head is as full of quarrels as an egg is full of meat.


_________________
If grass can grow through cement, love can find you at every time in your life.


iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,091
Location: 0.5 Galactic radius

27 Jan 2010, 5:36 pm

irishaspie wrote:
Thy head is as full of quarrels as an egg is full of meat.


Aye... details and definitions have we?



iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,091
Location: 0.5 Galactic radius

27 Jan 2010, 5:38 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
There are no rights and ages are irrelevant.


Wrong, as you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be contorted and used against you.



iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,091
Location: 0.5 Galactic radius

27 Jan 2010, 5:41 pm

ruveyn wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
I hereby decree that you must be 160 years old before you can drive a motor vehicle, you must be 180 before you can smoke tobacco, 210 before you can drink alcohol, and 250 before you can be considered "responsible" by insurance companies.


I declare you are madder than a March hare.

ruveyn


Sorry, it's only January yet and there's no way that I'm marching in this cold weather even if I had a fur coat.



Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2008
Age: 45
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,372
Location: Claremont, California

27 Jan 2010, 6:50 pm

7 years old to vote


_________________
As long as man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other.

-Pythagoras


Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,398

27 Jan 2010, 6:52 pm

I am curious, what's exactly what you are attempting to reduce to absurd by this thread?


_________________
.


NUTLOG
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 18 Sep 2007
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 126
Location: UK

27 Jan 2010, 7:08 pm

I hereby decree that you must be at least 27 years old to shave a cat without supervision from a member of the fire brigade. Failure to comply will result in a member of the fire brigade shaving you under the supervison of a cat. Any questions?

Oh and members of the fire brigade who are under 27 years of age are obviously exempt. They can shave cats with impunity, if they so wish. Just one of the perks of the job.



PLA
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2007
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,929
Location: Sweden

28 Jan 2010, 3:38 am

39+ years for the right to possess a nose.


_________________
I can make a statement true by placing it first in this signature.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."


Gromit
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 May 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,296
Location: In Cognito

28 Jan 2010, 4:01 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
I am curious, what's exactly what you are attempting to reduce to absurd by this thread?

Probably abortion, making the analogy that it means denying some people the right to life because they're too young.



irishaspie
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 25 Sep 2008
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 290
Location: ireland

28 Jan 2010, 4:04 pm

PLA wrote:
39+ years for the right to possess a nose.


my lord thats harsh! :lol:


_________________
If grass can grow through cement, love can find you at every time in your life.


Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,016
Location: Houston, Texas

28 Jan 2010, 4:11 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
There are no rights and ages are irrelevant.


A Public Service Announcement from the R. Kelly School of Philosophy.


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,091
Location: 0.5 Galactic radius

28 Jan 2010, 4:36 pm

Gromit wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
I am curious, what's exactly what you are attempting to reduce to absurd by this thread?

Probably abortion, making the analogy that it means denying some people the right to life because they're too young.


What? I wasn't thinking of that... when I posted the thread... however...

You must be 1,234 years old in order to have a right to die.

Also, you must at least be 9,876 years old in order to have a right to kill.



Sand
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2007
Age: 94
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,484
Location: Finland

28 Jan 2010, 10:21 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Gromit wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
I am curious, what's exactly what you are attempting to reduce to absurd by this thread?

Probably abortion, making the analogy that it means denying some people the right to life because they're too young.


What? I wasn't thinking of that... when I posted the thread... however...

You must be 1,234 years old in order to have a right to die.

Also, you must at least be 9,876 years old in order to have a right to kill.


When you have reached those ages you have the right to advocate in their behalf. Otherwise, you are too immature.