Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 5:46 pm

I am going to boycott Israeli products and companies supporting the zionist entity. Will you join me?

Quote:
Below are products and brands of corporations and businesses that are helping Ariel Sharon and Zionist Israel to continue their racist apartheid policies and illegal occupation of Palestinian lands. We are asking you to boycott these products. The products and brands have been well researched. Each of the companies have ties to Israel and support their policies against the Palestinian people. As an example, Estée Lauder's chairman, Ronald Lauder, served as the Chairman of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations and is the current President of the Jewish National Fund (JNF) - a quasi-governmental agency whose main function is to legitimize Israeli occupation of Palestinian land. Ronald Lauder is a hardcore Zionist and his views are often more extreme then those of the Israeli government.

http://home.pacbell.net/halnet/Boycott% ... mpaign.htm

-Pythagoras

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 5:47 pm

I'm starting a hardcore boycott right after I go to Disneyland. No sense in wasting season passes. :lol:

-Pythagoras

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 5:50 pm

Hypocrite.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YySTtk5B9AE[/youtube]

mcg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 6:04 pm

I'll stop buying from the israelis when somebody else starts making a 50cal pistol!

shukri
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jan 2010, 6:04 pm

No, I won't boycott Israel, not blankly anyway. I don't think it will change anything there because you're only going to force all Israelis to stick together, and the problem is the settlers - those are the people you should be against, and the settlers are holding their entire country hostage by making it seem that if you're against them, then you're against all Jews. The settlers are as bad as the Hamas, but the rest of Israel has earned its right to be there. We should be trying to focus on helping peace-minded people on both sides of the conflict. Anything produced on occupied territory for example, I'd happily boycott that. But it's really important that Israelis see we're not against their country itself. The same goes for Palestinians.

My two cents.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Jan 2010, 11:01 pm

No thanks. If anything, I'd boycott the Arabs but too bad we need their oil.

ASPER
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2010, 11:07 pm

Cool, I'm with you, but don't just boycott products, boycott ideas that led to what Israel is today.
Statism. Power centralization. Religion.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 11:09 pm

Jacoby wrote:

We really need a Manhattan Project for new energy sources. Hydrogen looks promising, and solar will be a lot more viable soon given the current pace of advance, but no matter what we do we'll need some massive infrastructure investments to get ourselves off of foreign oil.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 12:28 am

Orwell wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

We really need a Manhattan Project for new energy sources. Hydrogen looks promising, and solar will be a lot more viable soon given the current pace of advance, but no matter what we do we'll need some massive infrastructure investments to get ourselves off of foreign oil.

Hydrogen is not an energy source, it is merely a method of energy transfer.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 2:35 am

shukri wrote:
No, I won't boycott Israel, not blankly anyway. I don't think it will change anything there because you're only going to force all Israelis to stick together, and the problem is the settlers - those are the people you should be against, and the settlers are holding their entire country hostage by making it seem that if you're against them, then you're against all Jews. The settlers are as bad as the Hamas, but the rest of Israel has earned its right to be there. We should be trying to focus on helping peace-minded people on both sides of the conflict. Anything produced on occupied territory for example, I'd happily boycott that. But it's really important that Israelis see we're not against their country itself. The same goes for Palestinians.

My two cents.

QFT

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 2:36 am

Sand wrote:

Technically true, but the same is true of fossil fuels. The energy source is the sun for essentially everything on Earth.

DrizzleMan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2010, 1:06 am

Sand wrote:

Unless you fusion it 8)

Orwell wrote:
Sand wrote:

Technically true, but the same is true of fossil fuels. The energy source is the sun for essentially everything on Earth.

Except fission, fusion and geothermal energy.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2010, 1:46 am

DrizzleMan wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Sand wrote:

Thus I said "essentially everything." Geothermal is an energy source for some archaea in remote areas. Nothing that we've observed on Earth uses fusion, and fission is still not used very broadly, and is only used by humans.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2010, 10:16 am

Orwell wrote:
DrizzleMan wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Sand wrote:

Thus I said "essentially everything." Geothermal is an energy source for some archaea in remote areas. Nothing that we've observed on Earth uses fusion, and fission is still not used very broadly, and is only used by humans.

Unless you extract hydrogen with less energy than it yields it is not an energy source. Natural gas is the closest possibility at the moment. Fusion is still in such an experimental state it will be several decades at best before the problems are solved and nobody envisions running a car directly on fusion power unless it is electricity derived from a fusion reactor.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2010, 10:37 am

outside of the armaments industry, I can't think of anything Israel actually exports...;)

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2010, 10:40 am

pakled wrote:
outside of the armaments industry, I can't think of anything Israel actually exports...;)

I have read that many Israelis are not particularly happy with their government's policies and they are moving elsewhere for safety. So Israel is exporting Israelis.