Has anyone else here never had a headache?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

RhettOracle
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jan 2010, 3:34 am

I seem to be in the unusual position of never having had a naturally occurring headache.

That must be exceptional, because migraines run in my family. Both parents had terrible ones, I think my two brothers get them, my maternal grandmother had them so badly that they would make her throw up; one of my maternal uncles has had a headache continuously for most of his life! The doctor gave him some new type of medicine one time, and after awhile, he realized that it was gone for the first time he could remember. He got up to go tell someone, and found out that his legs didn't work. So he never took it again.

When I got my first place, I bought the things everyone needs to set up house, including a bottle of aspirin. I had it for so long without using any of them, that they turned to powder and smelled like vinegar. I just never get a headache. I don't know what it feels like.

How about you?

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 3:54 am

My head has hurt from hitting it and only once when I took a medication that caused headaches. About it. Never took aspirin before.

caledonia
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 6:23 am

I get terrible migraines if I stay out of the sun to long, or as a result of bright flashing lights.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 7:11 am

i have never had a head ache as far as i can remember

misswoofalot
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 7:15 am

My son is aspie and has never had a headache. I had to explain to him what one was, and I found it very strange because I'd never heard of anyone who has never had a headache before.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 12:36 pm

I have frequent headaches. I used to get migraines so bad that I needed to go to the emergency room to stop my vomiting (gross, yes, sorry). I do not often process my own emotions well, but I always know that I am stressed when my head starts hurting. I also get headaches from being around too many people, too much bright lighting, too much sound... smells can give me headaches as well. Certain perfumes can force me to go take a nap to try to get rid of the headache. I think I was ten when I was diagnosed with migraines. I have had headaches as long as I can remember. In my twenties, they thought I had a brain tumor or something due to the frequency and intensity of them.

RhettOracle
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jan 2010, 12:49 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, dossa. Please accept my sympathies. My mother's migraines were so intense that one time, she drove to the hospital while on Fiorinal that wasn't working, to ask to be sedated so she could be knocked out long enough not to feel the pain. They gave her a needle of something, and she drove home. A couple hours later, she drove back to ask for something that worked. They were shocked, and said "How could you drive here? We gave you enough drugs to knock out an elephant!"

I am sorry for anyone who has to live with that, and I realize that I am extraordinarily lucky that it didn't get passed down to me. I wonder what the reason could be, and whether it has something to do with being on the spectrum.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 4:17 pm

I get the odd headache from time to time. Nothing serious.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 8:51 pm

RhettOracle wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that, dossa. Please accept my sympathies. My mother's migraines were so intense that one time, she drove to the hospital while on Fiorinal that wasn't working, to ask to be sedated so she could be knocked out long enough not to feel the pain. They gave her a needle of something, and she drove home. A couple hours later, she drove back to ask for something that worked. They were shocked, and said "How could you drive here? We gave you enough drugs to knock out an elephant!"

I am sorry for anyone who has to live with that, and I realize that I am extraordinarily lucky that it didn't get passed down to me. I wonder what the reason could be, and whether it has something to do with being on the spectrum.

Thank you. Sorry to hear about your mother. Headaches like that are so terrible. How awful it is to be given so much to help and have no result or relief... I hope that is a rare situation for her. That sounds terrifying. That sounds hellish.

You know, I do not know if I know a person who has never had a headache. I do wonder why that it. It seems to me that it is a highly unusual circumstance. I was surprised to see that there are a few people out there who, like you, have never had one. I wonder why and how that is. Curiouser and curiouser, me thinks.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 10:02 pm

I did not have a headache until I was 9 years old. I got my first headache when an epileptic girl who I was walking and talking with suddenly had a seizure and violently pushed me to the ground. I consequently had a meltdown, because of the suddenness of her invading of my personal space and touching, coupled with panic. I now get headaches every time I go to extremely crowded places with many sensory stimuli, such as malls and big social events, and it's very rare that I go to these places.
It's strange. I've had many meltdowns as a child, but I've never actually had a headache up until that incident.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

CleverKitten
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 10:42 pm

I get a bad headache whenever my "schedule" for the day gets messed up.
Then my eyes go slightly out of focus and I become really sensitive to light and sound, and I feel slightly nauseous and fatigued.

Let's say, I planned on going to see a movie at 4:00pm, but we get into a traffic jam and then it's 4:15 pm and we're still not in the theatre yet, then I experience the above symptoms. :cry:

Check out my blog: http://glanceoutthewindow.blogspot.com/

spooky13
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jan 2010, 10:59 pm

I get migraines too, thankfully only once in a while now. I was given a shot as well one time and it ended up making me feel worse. So it's basically stay in a dark, quiet cool room and a nap for
me. :?

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2010, 2:10 am

OOOH, ME!!

Well actually I think I may have had one or two, and they worried me because, you know, WHY WOULD MY HEAD JUST START HURTING FOR NO REASON, OMG. But then I remembered, oh wait, that's what a headache is. (And sure enough I didn't die and an alien did not burst out of my head or anything.) But yeah, I pretty much never get them. Even if I get a hangover, it never includes a headache.

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2010, 4:48 am

I get headaches ALL the time, I get bad migraines (or minor seizure symptoms), but THANKFULLY, they do not hurt real bad, the pain is just minor. What bothers me is the sick in the stomach, vomiting, loss of vision, white spots, dizziness, buzzing in my ears. But THANKFULLY, I am lucky they do not hurt that bad, the worst pain I experience is if I black out and hit my head off of something :oops: (luckily that does not happen to often)

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2010, 5:50 am

I never get headaches. And as someone else said, even when hung-over.

I do get ocular migraines -- the visual symptoms of a migraine, but no pain or sickness.

Ah wait, there is a kind of head pain I do sometimes get (but very rarely). It's a sudden jab, like being stabbed in the head with a sharp metal spike. The pain is intense, but only lasts a fraction of a second, so it isn't very bad. It's never more than a few jabs, and then maybe 6 months before it happens again. Sort of like little "lightning bolts" of pain in the right side of my head. I think I read once that those are a type of migraine pain.