What have you got planned this valentines?

Page 3 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Rose_in_Winter
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 2:08 pm

I got my husband to agree to cook. Since I cook every other day of the year, this is all I need to make Valentine's Day super-special.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 3:21 pm

I plan to do nothing. I am one of those people who sees it as a day for Hallmark to make more money by trying to make people be overly nice to each on designated days in the year. I refuse to participate in that. I reject the idea that I need a day to be more nice to my husband than normal. But I am far from romantic, so of course I feel that way. Really I think the holiday is insulting. I would prefer someone do something spontaneous and nice for me than have to have a day to remind them to do so. It takes away the sincerity from the act, in my opinion. But I do not hate on people who enjoy it, and for those of you who do the day up right, I hope you all have a lovely time.

RhettOracle
Toucan
Toucan

03 Feb 2010, 3:32 pm

I'm sorry so many of you seem to dislike the concept of Valentine's day. Sure, it's a cash grab by Hallmark and the chocolate industry and the restaurant business and florists.

But on the other hand, even though some of you make it clear how incredibly single you are, if you can imagine having an SO, don't you think they'd enjoy being invited out to dinner at a nice restaurant? Don't you think they might think it was nice if you gave them some flowers? So many husbands never buy flowers except for once a year. It shows that they made the effort, right? There really is no reason why you couldn't treat your partner like that all of the time, but it's OK that they have a special day for it. It's just for a lark. It's not a social disease or anything. It's just men showing their ladies that they love them. They like that kind of thing, you know.

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 11:26 pm

I am going to wear black.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

valkyrieraven88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Feb 2010, 5:25 am

My boyfriend and I are going to go out to an Indian restaurant that won't be crowded, unlike the other ones. I bought him a pipe stand for his pipes, which are just laying around the apartment. He's buying me some sort of jewelry, I don't know what. That's the furthest we've gotten plan-wise.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 6:12 am

I plan to spend valentines day road tripping north to QLD in my car (imaginary boyfriend may or may not be in the passenger seat :P)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 1:09 pm

RhettOracle wrote:
...if you can imagine having an SO, don't you think they'd enjoy being invited out to dinner at a nice restaurant? Don't you think they might think it was nice if you gave them some flowers?

Every time I had someone I was seeing on Feb 14 (aside from that first time), they'd tell me not to get them anything, or do anything special, that they thought V-Day was a Hallmark thing, etc. By the end of the day, we'd break down a little bit and hand-make funny cards for each other, and that was about it.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 8:04 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
RhettOracle wrote:
...if you can imagine having an SO, don't you think they'd enjoy being invited out to dinner at a nice restaurant? Don't you think they might think it was nice if you gave them some flowers?

Every time I had someone I was seeing on Feb 14 (aside from that first time), they'd tell me not to get them anything, or do anything special, that they thought V-Day was a Hallmark thing, etc. By the end of the day, we'd break down a little bit and hand-make funny cards for each other, and that was about it.

We don't exactly have to spent money for valentines day and I certainly like the idea of making handmade cards, I've most the times done that whenever valentines day came... :D

I remember the first valentines ecard I had... I felt like I was really in love because that's when I realised my girl loved me... :)

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 8:34 pm

I won't be doing anything it's just a normal day for me, no gf

"If you feed your faith your fears will starve to death"

http://www.youtube.com/user/BrandonJ280

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 11:46 pm

RhettOracle wrote:
I'm sorry so many of you seem to dislike the concept of Valentine's day. Sure, it's a cash grab by Hallmark and the chocolate industry and the restaurant business and florists.

But on the other hand, even though some of you make it clear how incredibly single you are, if you can imagine having an SO, don't you think they'd enjoy being invited out to dinner at a nice restaurant? Don't you think they might think it was nice if you gave them some flowers? So many husbands never buy flowers except for once a year. It shows that they made the effort, right? There really is no reason why you couldn't treat your partner like that all of the time, but it's OK that they have a special day for it. It's just for a lark. It's not a social disease or anything. It's just men showing their ladies that they love them. They like that kind of thing, you know.

Actually, my husband and I would love to go out to dinner with each other, but we are the babysitters. If we're both away, there's no one to watch the kids. Once in a while we get my mom to babysit, but she works hard and I feel bad asking more than once a year. So we save that for a birthday or something.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 7:04 am

I think I'll watch a bunch of sappy movies.

Hermier
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Feb 2010, 9:49 am

Usually I try to make something for my three sweeties (the offspring). Also give them some kind of candy, and the dog usually gets snacks / treats too, but he usually wouldn't be into getting something handmade so I don't bother making him anything.

Not sure what the theme will be this year. Time to look into it.

angelgirl1224
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 4:48 pm

well it will be me and my boyfriends one year anniversary :) im not sure what weve got planned though. i think were just going out for dinnner or soemthing =D x