Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 7:46 am

Who do you resemble more? I'm speaking about the physical resemblance to your parents and to the personality traits of yours you share with them. I am very unlike both my parents when we enter the sphere of personality but as for the physical resemblance, I heard many times how much I take after my dad said by some people, while the others kept claiming it's my mother whom I resemble a lot. Recently I met my father for the first time in my life and although the resemblance isn't maybe very striking, I think I do look like my father more, especially the shape of our nose is the same.

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 10:01 am

I mostly resemble my Father in a physical sense. Personality? I don't know.

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.

03 Feb 2010, 10:36 am

I mostly resemble my dad. I have his personality traits, his nose, smile, mouth, we both talk loud and walk very fast, have the same body type. We both seem to think a like at times and he also seems to be logical. I got my aspie traits from him.

My mom, I have her teeth. I inherited big breasts but hers are bigger than mine.

Spokane Girl

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 11:57 am

Both my mother and father look nothing like me.

But personality wise I think I'm much like my mother and granny from that eccentric side of the family. They're not pragmatic but more the creative type with lot's of personality disorders.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 12:15 pm

I am built like my father's side of the family... tall, with a too big head. I also have his insanely curly hair, and I walk like him.

My hands are more like my Mums, and my colouring is exactly my Mums, apart from my eyes, which are hazel. I sound like my Mum when I talk, and my hands are very similar to hers.

People who knew her see her in me. People who know my Dad see him in me. But when I was at school the teachers on parents day always knew the minute they walked in whose daughter I was.. apparently my greatest resemblance is to my Dad.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 12:58 pm

I don't resemble either of my parents.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 1:51 pm

My sister says I look like neither of our parents, while my dad says I look like my mom did when she was a teenager. I think my dad is right, because I have at times mistakened old photos of my mom for photos of myself. I have my mom's blonde hair and blue eyes too, though in darker shades.

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 1:57 pm

I most resemble my Grandmother on my Dad's side in terms of appearance. Although I have my Mum's hands. My personality is just like my Dad's though and my crafty side and ease with kids comes from my Mum. I suppose I'm a good mix of the two.

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

03 Feb 2010, 2:18 pm

I'm basically a slightly shorter female version of my dad - actually, I bear a fairly close resemblance to his older sister. All that side of the family is dark, sallow-skinned and of a pretty chunky build.

Personality-wise, I think I might resemble my dad more as well. He was a quiet, thoughtful kind of guy who could sometimes have a nasty temper. I try and control that side of me with varying degrees of success.

My mother liked to claim I was the spitting image of her, when what she meant was that I ought to be. The one trait I recognize in myself from her is chronic anxiety, and I hate it.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 3:09 pm

I look very much like my father. The only thing I have of my mother's physical features are the eye color that she and I share. Personality wise, it is a bit more complicated. I have my father's logical approach to life and the need to listen to people and blurt out lists of solutions. I also share in his eccentric behaviors and dry sense of humor and sarcastic nature. I have my mother's artistic bent and inability to know when to shut up or understand there are things you are not supposed to say to people... and then get annoyed and confused when they get mad, because they did ask, after all... Mostly though, I see more of myself in my grandparents than I do my parents. I am very much like a mixture of my grandfathers and their silent natures with my maternal grandmother's explosive temper tantrums.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

04 Feb 2010, 2:46 am

From my father - skinny legs, pale skin, wavy hair, long fingers & mental health problems.

From my mother - Bump on the bridge of the nose, narrow hips, small breasts, introversion & the love of reading food recipes.

That's all I can think of for now. Thankfully I didn't get one thing they both have...addictive personalities (just the usual AS obsessions for me lol).

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 3:02 am

Mostly my mom.

I go my height from my mom's side (i'm 6'2'', she's 5'10'', but my dad's shorter than both of us)

also my hair color, body type, nose, eyes (though the shape is sorta a mixture of both), facial structure (also a little bit of a mixture, but leaning towards my mom's side), my facial hair grows in pretty much the same pattern as my uncle on my mom's side, & besides what i've already mentioned that seems to be a mixture, the only thing i seemed to have gotten mostly from my dad is a few minor features & a fast metabolism.

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 6:18 am

I don't overly resemble either parent but my brother and I are remarkably similar (in spectrum traits as well as looks).

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge

Twi
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Feb 2010, 7:04 am

Oddly enough I look more like my aunt than my mum, act more like her too, but people often mistake me and my mum for sisters so I guess out of mum and dad i look more like mum lol