Do you go to family gatherings just for the food?

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 11:58 pm

I simply don't go. I would if their kids weren't such brats and didn't scream all the time. I am immune to quilt trips. Most "homemade" food sucks and it makes me nacious to watch the little kids eat. The 2 year old grabs handfulls of it and no one tries to stop him. I asked for a peice he didn't touch and everybody still thinks it's so funny. The other two are the messiest eaters and it's naucating to watch. They scream and I have to fight the urge to slap them with every fiber of my being. Until they teach the kids more manners, I simply won't eat at my brother's place anymore. Let's see how "cute" it is when a fifteen year old grabs handfuls of the cake like that.

gleameyes23
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Feb 2010, 12:14 am

I can't eat the food they serve most of the time, so I go there to try to interact (although I end up reading or listening to music).

sketches
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Feb 2010, 12:58 am

Yes, if ever.

princesseli
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 1:12 am

I go because my parents make me but the only part I like is the food.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 7:00 am

PunkyKat wrote:
I simply don't go. I would if their kids weren't such brats and didn't scream all the time. I am immune to quilt trips. Most "homemade" food sucks and it makes me nacious to watch the little kids eat. The 2 year old grabs handfulls of it and no one tries to stop him. I asked for a peice he didn't touch and everybody still thinks it's so funny. The other two are the messiest eaters and it's naucating to watch. They scream and I have to fight the urge to slap them with every fiber of my being. Until they teach the kids more manners, I simply won't eat at my brother's place anymore. Let's see how "cute" it is when a fifteen year old grabs handfuls of the cake like that.

Ewwww....I completely understand. Once I was at a family thing, and my friend's little sister was eating popcorn so disgustingly I actually had to disappear into the bathroom for a fit, and wait til she finished eating. :(

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 7:18 pm

The food is the primary reason, watching my uncles get drunk and make fools of themselves is another. I usually leave shortly after the food's gone, helping myself to a doggybag of leftovers and then slip away.
My family's used to that by now, so they say goodbye when I take the last piece of food.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

07 Feb 2010, 11:04 pm

I'm vegetarian so no, I don't go just for the food. I'm a part of the family so I take part in family events. Just because I have AS it doesn't excuse me from them.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 2:54 am

This used to be my attitude until I realised it wasn't a very social attitude. Not that family gatherings are exactly a walk in the park for me.

Wedge
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 7:14 am

Well, the food is ok but we usually go for the beer... :D (I´m kidding!)

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 7:52 am

Guilty. :) And yeah, I'm aware that it's an unsocial atttitude. I am comfortable with my introversion.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I