Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 2:15 am

jojobean wrote:
It seems that I dont really "fit" in here for some reason. Maybe I am not smart enough, or aspie enough or what.
I feel like I am trapped between 2 worlds. I dont seem to fit in here or in the NT world either. Kinda like a limbo of sorts...it is a lonely place between these two worlds. I feel so depressed an isolated.

Jojo

This is exactly what I am going through right now.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 2:10 pm

I don't fit in here either. It is just an obsession I get from time to time. It is a bit like smoking, I know I should give it up but I just can't.

Just a minute! I don't smoke :D

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

06 Feb 2010, 6:59 pm

Passionatebach...whats going on with your friend? I will listen.

Miss construe and Tim Tex, Kaleido. I find it interesting that I am not the only one that feels this way. Alot of times, I feel like I am talking in a blog here rather than a forum. Reading alot of the posts, I noticed that ppl here tend to state their views and go on to the next topic, sometimes without much person to person conversation going on, but at the same time I love knowing that ppl think like me out there.

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 8:32 pm

Yeah, I would love to write all my life problems down here, but I feel like it wouldn't be of interest to anyone.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

06 Feb 2010, 8:53 pm

rmgh...I am interested. I am pretty good at dear abby kind of stuff. You can email me if you'd like.

FuzzyElephants
Raven
Raven

06 Feb 2010, 11:34 pm

Jojo,

As far as painting goes I usually stick with acrylics just because they're easy to work with. I haven't really found my niche yet though so I play around with differant mediums and styles. I'm getting really into the idea of I guess mixed mediums... like using metal accents on canvases or using oil pastels and water colors togeather. Pretty much i'll throw anything in the mix so long as it feels right and looks like I want it to in the end.

As far as wood working goes I usually spend most my woodworking time refurbishing furniture (don't know if you can call that art but eh) or tinkering. I was really into scroll saw work when I was younger i'm trying to get back into it but right now it's too fricken cold out and my garage isn't heated!

As far as colors go when it comes to paint i've been leaning twards bright blue red and green usually set with black and white. I've been playing around with splatter painting and finding it quite enjoyable but again, not sure if that's considered art unless you're Jackson Pollock.

I make my own canvases so again... to fricken cold out to be in the garage so my art has been put on hold until it warms up a bit. :cry:

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 5:08 am

I sort of feel like that too. I post here, respond there, but it just kinda gets forgotten. I think the people with personal photos in their avatars, or people who post thousands and thousands and thousands of messages get noticed. All I can say is, you're far from alone in feeling that way, and don't sweat it.

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 7:13 pm

Jojo, thanks for this. I will do very soon.

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
I sort of feel like that too. I post here, respond there, but it just kinda gets forgotten. I think the people with personal photos in their avatars, or people who post thousands and thousands and thousands of messages get noticed. All I can say is, you're far from alone in feeling that way, and don't sweat it.

I'm intrigued by this. Why should it matter if your face is in your avatar pic or not?

greenturtle74
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Feb 2010, 7:55 pm

jojobean wrote:
Alot of times, I feel like I am talking in a blog here rather than a forum. Reading alot of the posts, I noticed that ppl here tend to state their views and go on to the next topic, sometimes without much person to person conversation going on, but at the same time I love knowing that ppl think like me out there.

jojobean, I can relate to how you feel and the way you described it above. I think my reason for being here is primarily to find support, and sometimes I can't get it anywhere else. When I don't find what I'm looking for, or can't get the kind of response I want, I stop wanting to post. It occurs to me that the most meaningful interactions I've had on here have been by private message, usually by people seeking me out. It might be a good idea for me, and others who feel this way, to try more messaging, and try initiating it myself. I've found many people are more than willing to talk one on one.