Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Pyroaquatic
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Feb 2010, 11:25 pm

What three items would possess (besides clothing) to survive and why?

Mine would be an axe, electric/manual bicycle, and a warehouse full of duct tape.

Axe... for a blade is important and an axe has many uses.

The Bicycle... to transport myself in search of food quickly and create electricity when needed (IMPORTANT!!)

The Duct Tape...

Well.... I can use it for just about anything. If you can make rope and a boat from it... (or even a cannon like on myth busters).

Although in the instance of a fire I would not be doing so 'hot' in a warehouse full of flammable duct tape but that is a risk one must take.

It is dangerous to go outside; here, take this!

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 1:17 am

My Ka-Bar kukri: Good for general survival in the woods and decapitating zombies
Ruger Mini-14 rifle (with 300 rounds of ammo in 3 Beta C-Mags, one in rifle, two in bag): The most reliable 223 semi-automatic rifle you can buy, accurate enough to easily hit pop cans at 200 yards with open iron sights.
Surefire E2D LED flashlight: Bright, compact, long-lasting batteries, and batteries that are widely available yet not likely to be taken by other looters (CR123A batteries).

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 6:57 am

An AKM assault rifle with as much ammunition as possible, a helicopter, and someone who can fly the helicopter and teach me to fly it in case he dies. Hopefully the last two will be all I need.

Less realistically, I'd like a bastard sword, a suit of chain mail armor, and the abilities of a level 20 cleric of Kelemvor.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 7:22 am

-a satchel
-a hand axe
-a scoped rifle, not for zombies (zombies ain't scary), but for food and the inevitable looters and gangs; probably .22 Magnum due to the amount of ammunition one can carry and its quiet report (from a hide you can take out threats before they actually become threats, and looters dropping without knowing where the shots are coming from is perfect for the times when you're outnumbered). Centerfire rifles are just too loud and don't suit the looter-type defensive situations that will occur when society breaks down (if you're in close contact you've failed)

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 8:07 am

Tinderbox
Swiss army knife.
Machete.
Knives don't need reloading. The swiss army knife is a toolkit unto itself. Depending on the time into the apocalypse and amount of badit fighting, I could replace tinderbox with .22 carbine.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 8:16 am

Shirt - slip
Sunscreen - slop
Hat - slap

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 8:28 am

Katana blade (*slash* mmm, red)
A horse (horseback seems a better mode of transport than anything, you can go bush and stay away from places where zombies may be congregating)
Towel ("A towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have". I'm gonna assume it's a similar case for a zombie slasher :P)

ALacount
Toucan
Toucan

05 Feb 2010, 4:41 pm

1.A big sharp axe!! !! for killing zombies, and smashing in doors etc...
2.A big rucksack. For carrying miscelanous items in....
3. A set of lock picks. So I can steel a car, or break in to a building and hole up.

In the event of a zombie apocalypse, I would heavily fortify my house, sandbagging and barricading all doors, windows and weaker walls. before doing so I would stock up on loads of food, get a gun, ammunition and many other items for defence. Finally, I would get a generator and hook it up to my houses main power.

Then, I would wait it out! and since windows would be barricaded, the zombies wouldn't know I was there, and eat my neighbours, not me, and I would spend a long time on the computer or something! When I needed more food, I would steal form the shop down the street, or maybe use our car to get to ASDA, armed with a gun, ammo, an axe, and a big bag for food! While gone from my house I would have a ladder in the hedge outside my house, and a upstairs window open a fraction. So I would return, and get inside and not exit for another couple of months...

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 11:31 am

Actually, scratch what I said prior:

I just want one thing (technically many little things, but that's ok),

Matches, lots and lots of matches. I'd burn everything down.

Pyroaquatic
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Feb 2010, 11:56 am

I do not understand why this ended up in the random discussion section of the fora.

If the moderators would like to move this topic please feel free (and I am sorry).

To all of those that would like to carry around ammo and guns... what would you do if the ammo ran out?
To all those that use fuel and motor vehicles... what if you were to not find any gas?

So we have established that there will be survivors/bandits/looters on top of Zombie hordes.

Big Cities or Country Side (and why would you go there or not go to the other)?

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 12:14 pm

A sharp knife/bladed instrument.
A book about carving/construction from wood
Cook book

I think these do not need to be explained :)

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 3:04 pm

ImageImageImage
^ don't like stuff in my face___________________ ^need tunes__________________________________ ^ why not?

:skull:

:::)

caledonia
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 4:19 pm

Crossbow - can make bolts out of wood
Alcohol powered car - can make your own fuel
Various varieties of plant seeds - can grow your food.

matt
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 1:29 am

If there was a zombie apocalypse I am not sure that continued survival would be desirable.

Continued life would most likely consist of fighting with zombies to stave off inevitable demise. The lack of easily-attainable food, electricity, clean water, or other items would make life so difficult and unpleasant as to not necessarily be worth living anymore.

If I did decide that I wanted to live, a remote and uninhabited island, some type of food that can be planted and harvested, and the instructions to follow to plant, grow and cultivate the food would probably be the most usable things to have.

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 1:30 am

Pyroaquatic wrote:
To all of those that would like to carry around ammo and guns... what would you do if the ammo ran out?

It's simple, I have the gun in order to get out of the highly populated area in which I live to the countryside, where I'll keep it around for extreme emergencies, but otherwise I'll rely mostly on the previously mentioned kukri (hence the reason it's #1 on my list). Also, I'd go with a Sig 556 over my Mini-14, because it uses the standard AR magazine while being a hell of a lot more reliable than any AR-15. But, I was going with what I currently have.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 12:24 pm

Let's see...

1) Machete (for the simple reason that blades don't need reloading).

2) Rifle/crossbow - automatic weapons are good against moving human targets, but against hordes of unstoppable corpses whose only vulnerable point is their head? No chance. Even shooting out their kneecaps and then moving in to finish them off would be a bad idea. Better to take them out from a distance. With that in mind, a telescopic sight for the rifle is another essential.

3) Torch.

I'd also get a haircut at the first opportunity - better not to give the undead something to grab onto. Ditto with regard to loose clothing...