Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 12:47 am

Why would a topic be removed instead of being locked?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 12:49 am

When my accounts got removed, my topics went with it. But the thread stands but you can find them through searching member's posts. They are ghost threads.

I heard other accounts got removed too so of course their topics would go along with it.

Ana54_Again
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Feb 2010, 12:50 am

So that people won't see it and start another topic on whatever it was about and also maybe post about why it might have been locked.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 12:51 am

sometimes a topic is just moved to another board, I guess it would also depend on the content of the topic :?

Lactrodactus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Feb 2010, 12:54 am

Friskeygirl wrote:
sometimes a topic is just moved to another board, I guess it would also depend on the content of the topic :?

Some of my threads that I started have been deleted, when it started to say that my Longin info was incorrect.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 12:55 am

I made a poll in the Stats forum concerning banned members. Why can't we know who has been banned? Most forums allow this information.

Lactrodactus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Feb 2010, 12:57 am

x_amount_of_words wrote:
I made a poll in the Stats forum concerning banned members. Why can't we know who has been banned? Most forums allow this information.

Its against site rules for some reason, but I don't recall there ever being a satisfactory explanation for why though.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

League_Girl wrote:
When my accounts got removed, my topics went with it. But the thread stands but you can find them through searching member's posts. They are ghost threads.

I heard other accounts got removed too so of course their topics would go along with it.
I even searched through my posts and I couldn't find it.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
3. Other inappropriate content and behavior prohibited on Wrong Planet:
This includes copyrighted material, serial codes, and posts made to promote a website, group or product, particularly if made repeatedly and without other participation in the WP community (spamming). This also includes discussion of locked topics, discussion of banned members and why they were banned and anything else that purposely causes conflict with other members.

That would be my guess; those are the rules as posted at the top of the General Autism Discussion forum by Alex.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 1:01 am

makuranososhi wrote:
Quote:
This includes copyrighted material, serial codes, and posts made to promote a website, group or product, particularly if made repeatedly and without other participation in the WP community (spamming). This also includes discussion of locked topics, discussion of banned members and why they were banned and anything else that purposely causes conflict with other members.

That would be my guess; those are the rules as posted at the top of the General Autism Discussion forum by Alex.

M.
Shouldn't they be listed as banned when viewing their profile atleast?

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 1:05 am

That isn't something that I can find anything that say one way or another, whether it is site policy or a general rule one way or the other. That would be something to ask Alex about - it is not a feature or practice on WP that I have any control over.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 1:05 am

x_amount_of_words wrote:
makuranososhi wrote:
Quote:

M.
Shouldn't they be listed as banned when viewing their profile atleast?

banned members were collecting them, bragging on how many red X they had. It became a trophy to be sought and won. Anyway, only the admins can put the red X on, and rarely did the admins actually do the banning.

rossc
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Feb 2010, 1:12 am

This was ALWAYS going to happen ALEX. Always.

Alex here is some no-holds bar straight talk and I hope you see it as such. (It is about all I am capable of)

Firstly YOU took your eye off the ball with the site in many respects and left this place and to even a great extend the chatroom where idiots like Bateau, Jackie and to a greater extent the mods on the "Outhouse" play their own mean spirit version of politics probably to make up for inferiority complexes of themselves and perhaps to get some degree of "power" in their lives after being the brunt of mean-spirited social politicking in their lives.

Now you find that the mods you have given powers to, to run your site, embrace the power and are corrupted into a non-accountablility mindset and become cliquey and treat this as their personal empire.

LAU I don't believe is in any way accountable for the recent problems. Sure he is not well liked here but general feeling on other sites seems to indicate him as being stupid, old and bumbling. They view him as completely ineffectual. Therefore on what others think I would believe him unable to muster the level of action you have had to deal with.

SINSBOLDLY. I think you have your man right here. Sins was also the man who reacted first and so strongly against your necessary knee-jerk reaction. You took his power away and Sins likes power an awful lot.

I was banned from this site for "harassing" a "special kind of member" that had caused much trouble on other sites called TLPG. You may know him as Timelord. Here he picked on many members including a 14 year old and set up a malicious blog with a very nasty slanted thread against her. I burned through 3 accounts trying desperately to make him unwelcome and send him packing. History proved me right and after I was banned for the final time he was finally warned by MrMark to cease and desist. He made a farewell speech and ran away. (Jumped before he was formally banned.

YOU sometime later sent what I believe was a group email asking for long past inactive members to rejoin - to my rossc account. I accepted. Sins was the person who (ironically) reset my password and said I was now OK to post.
Why ironic? Sins then went after me. His reasoning? He said I had a burn notice against me. This is apparently a shoot on sight. putting this into perspective it is like going out hunting members (Inviting me back), Trapping me, then shooting me on sight. Make sense? Did not think so either.

Proof is in the I2 website

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.p ... 692.0.html

Aspie b***h from Hell
Did you really threaten to ban Sir Les Patterson from a forum that you are a mod at? Does that mean you are a b***h like me?

sinsboldly
It was not personal. We had a burn notice on him.

odeon
Burn notice?

sinsboldly

shoot on sight

Merle

odeon
What kind of support forum is that?

sinsboldly
a booming, thriving one, evidently.

Merle

odeon
It pays to shoot on sight, then.

Callaway
Who issued the burn notice on Sir Les and how is a burn notice on someone issued?

sinsboldly

The rule is, if you had been banned, you couldn't come back on under another name. So, you ban them if they did. Burn notice.
I don't get to decide the rule, I only get to decide if I am going to follow the rules. If I wasn't going to follow the rules then I would not have been a good candidate for moderator.

odeon
Considering how easily people are banned from WP, the mods don't follow the so-called rules better than anyone else at WP.

Pyraxis
I believe the word you're looking for is "arbitrarily".

Now a great indicator of poor moderation is unfortunately subject to two threads, one that magically disappeared. (19 pages of it - I blame Sins)

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt76340.html

Now removed

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt76277.html

Here members were after the AFF problems of a few years ago (most on the other deleted thread) putting a lot of s**t on AFF and AFF members. Ignorance and nastiness. I as a member of both defended the site to redress the slights against the forum. What efforts were made by mods to take action against the WP members? To that point? Nothing. Me? SINS AGAIN.

Of course when I did not roll over for him, he ran away just like he did on I2.

I went to Mr Mark who had the general feeling as being the most reasonable mod on WP. He was ....well reasonable and fair. Who would have thought? (I don't therefore think he is behind this mess you have on your hands either Alex).

This is what I sent to him after the AFF threads resolved themselves on issue of whether I ought to be banned again.

To: MrMark
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:49 am
Subject: Re: accusation?
I was invite back by Alex and had my ban lifted of my rossc account by Merle.
I had different IP address because I have recently moved house and set up a new internet service.
What I would like is to keep my rossc account.
I think Lau saying that though I was extended the offer of posting that it ought to be taken away is pretty poor.
Nevertheless it is ultimately your call Mr Mark.
I was EXTREMELY concerned by TLPG (Timelord) behaviour but that seems to have passed and he seems to be no danger here anymore. More other than that, I am honest and opinionated but there are worse crimes. I am prepared to do my best to fit with the forum.
I expect you have an idea that I am probably not a bad sort of a bloke and will probably be OK from here on. I would say if that is what you are feeling I would agree and suggest that would probably be best with me.
I would be annoyed after being invited back, to be banned again, but I won't squawk.

So Alex. What do you think of the way your site is run. Be aware that most here are socially illiterate and have issues with communication. Be aware that I am only one member.

Why do you think this place has had the mod problems....furthermore who do you believe was at fault.

More irony

[quote author=sinsboldly link=topic=10689.msg463260#msg463260 date=1235854036]

I do it for karmic payback, probably.

I am not hung up on being a moderator. If my time is done, so be it. I did my bit and am glad I did. It's not like my identity or anything. I am still me.

Merle
[/quote]

Karma's a b***h huh?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 1:18 am

How did you get on your account Sir Les? I thought you were banned with it?

rossc
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Feb 2010, 5:44 am

League_Girl wrote:
How did you get on your account Sir Les? I thought you were banned with it?

Alex invited me back a few years ago. Sinsboldy reset my password and gave me access and then started gunning for me.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 12:56 am

I don't understand. My topic 'Moderators' was just deleted. It wasen't that bad. It didn't contain inappropriate content or SPAM. Why couldn't it just stay locked?