Feel nervous/lack of confidence

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

HowlingMad1992
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2010, 12:18 pm

I haven't been out with a girl since last June, even though at times its made me sad and depressed in a sense I've got use to being single. Last night I was out with my dad and when I first walked into the bar I noticed this girl sat there. Later on I was told that the girl was looking at my direction though I didn't notice most of the time. When she was leaving my dad asked her what her name was and pointed to me, in which I said hello before she went. After she had left my dad said that we might see her around some time and I would be interested in seeing where it goes if it does happen. The point I'm trying to make in this thread is that is it normal to feel nervous?

Descartes30
Toucan
Toucan

10 Feb 2010, 2:46 pm

I'm always nervous when I like a girl, I think mostly because of how much of my control I feel slips my grasp when I meet someone like that. But everyone is different, and there is nothing wrong with you feeling that way. Since some people, women and men both, will tell you that a lack of confidence is the death knell for any potential dating prospects, I'm not sure what you can do about it, but I do wish you luck with her. Sorry if I can't tell you any cure all advice, being that I'm in my 30s and single for 99% of that time, but at least you can know that it's a fairly common issue and some people are able to work past it.

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2010, 2:55 pm

If you find out, will you tell me the secret cure? I'm really bad for that. Sometimes, I can't even speak properly.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2010, 4:46 pm

If you like a girl, be yourself on initial approach.