Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2010, 4:03 pm

I'll simply expose myself as an ignoramus, but who exactly is Alex? The reason I ask is because the name usually appears in a context that makes him seem like he's in control on the entire site.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2010, 4:13 pm

he is, he owns it.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2010, 4:15 pm

Yep, this is his baby. He created it, he owns it. His studies kept him away for a while and if you joined in that time it could be why you haven't "met" him yet.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Feb 2010, 4:17 pm

I suggest you do a little bit of research........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrongplanet.net

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2010, 9:34 pm

who is Dan Grover? We always hear "Alex", as the owner, and the person who got this shindig together, but I have never heard anyone mention "Dan"?

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2010, 9:44 pm

roadracer wrote:
who is Dan Grover? We always hear "Alex", as the owner, and the person who got this shindig together, but I have never heard anyone mention "Dan"?

Near... Far...

Ok, back to the subject. I would presume that would be 'nuttdan' who is the only member who predates Alex on the site; beyond that, I know about as much as you do.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2010, 10:14 pm

makuranososhi wrote:
roadracer wrote:

Near... Far...

Ok, back to the subject. I would presume that would be 'nuttdan' who is the only member who predates Alex on the site; beyond that, I know about as much as you do.

M.

wow, this place has some secrets, so this nuttdan got this place together, but Alex is the public type, and naturally the person we see, and give the credit to? wow :? Sort of like how Bill Gates and Paul Allen co-founded Microsoft, and everyone knows Bill, but not to many ever heard of Paul Allen. So this Dan is like the Paul Allen of WP :wink:
Well, if Dan is still out there and reads this, I want to thank you for co-founding this place, great job :mrgreen: (even that for whatever reason Alex gets all the credit :? )

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2010, 1:27 am

Dan was an original co-founder with Alex, but has since handed his share of ownership/all admin duties to Alex (correct me if my memory of events is wrong). Like Alex, he was very busy with studies as well.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2010, 9:49 am

Yes that is correct indeed... :)

They both shared ideas and they both funny enough met each other through another aspie site to share the positive message about and try not to focus on the negative side of being autistic and aspergers and they don't always talk about their problems.

There are other other sections like off topic, debate, etc.

There is even "The Heaven" where everybody talks about their downside which members here are surprisingly supportive with problems like this.

It was surprisingly fast growing website and it was surprisingly enough members before the site even officially launched which was amazing.