Page 3 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 11:39 pm

I look odd in just about all of my pictures. I have some picture of me from when I was five or something from a family gathering. It looks like my eyes are trying to come out of my head... but I was smiling real big. That was an important thing for my family... smile big... I look psychotic. It is funny. I hate having my picture taken. I look strange in all of them. I wonder if that is how I normally look and I see myself differently than others do or if I really am that weird looking all of the time. I hope I do not always look like that... my poor husband... he just got his new glasses and can see clearly again. Heh.

devark
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Mar 2010, 12:40 am

I never remember feeling as detached or as awkward as I look.

Etular
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Mar 2010, 2:18 am

I remember one photo where I looked away for a split second before turning back in time. Well, that was what I thought. It managed to catch everyone smiling and me having my head turned away from the camera. No blur or anything. :x

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 7:25 am

i have been told that i had charlie manson eyes. this cut me to the quick - i preferred being thought-of more as the unabomer but without the bomb.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 7:31 am

auntblabby wrote:
i have been told that i had charlie manson eyes. this cut me to the quick - i preferred being thought-of more as the unabomer but without the bomb.

you have a very nice face :)
do you still have the pencil thin mustache?

Postures
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 8:01 am

My face has a different shape in all my pictures.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 8:05 am

Aimless wrote:

thank you sweetheart :)
the military mustache was an army thing, several decades ago. nowadays they make every body in the army who wants a mustache to wear a semi-"toothbrush" mustache like a tapered version of what hitler wore. i still have a 'stache but it is bushier now, and a soul patch. shaved off the goatee.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 9:29 am

auntblabby wrote:
Aimless wrote:

thank you sweetheart :)
the military mustache was an army thing, several decades ago. nowadays they make every body in the army who wants a mustache to wear a semi-"toothbrush" mustache like a tapered version of what hitler wore. i still have a 'stache but it is bushier now, and a soul patch. shaved off the goatee.

Is the soul patch the little square under the lip?

Etular
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Mar 2010, 10:53 am

auntblabby wrote:

Any tips for those who wish to grow the 'stache, such as myself?

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2010, 12:07 pm

You are cute Auntblabby! I don't think you have that deranged serial killer look at all. Your eyes have a mischievous gleam, though. You look like someone who plays pranks.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 12:55 am

Aimless wrote:
Is the soul patch the little square under the lip?

yes. think apolo ohno and his soul patch, only mine is nowhere near as well-nourished as his.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 1:00 am

Etular wrote:
Any tips for those who wish to grow the 'stache, such as myself?

well, your sidebar description says your age is 14. if this is indeed the case, i would suggest patience, you will eventually get some kind of 'stache, though depending on your ancestry, it may or may not be the kind you might admire in regards to it comforming to the stereotypical hollywood leading man mustache. my japanese ancestry sorta put a crimp in my mustachio'd expectations, as none of my mother's japanese relatives [in photos] appeared to have much facial hair. the photo i supplied made my 'stache look darker due to shadowing. i didn't get a real 'stache until i reached my 30s, it was mostly peach-fuzzy before then.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 1:10 am

pumibel wrote:
You are cute Auntblabby! I don't think you have that deranged serial killer look at all. Your eyes have a mischievous gleam, though. You look like someone who plays pranks.

gosh :oops: :lol: you make me feel so human :) you know the secret of making me adore you. don't be embarrassed, i am effusive to anybody who is nice to me.
so you really don't see charlie manson in my eyes? amazing :)
i love the idea of pranks but i would not do that to another human unless s/he really really really super-duper deserved it. i did prank one of my army bosses once. he did not appreciate it one bit. some folk absolutely lack a sense of humor. it was a harmless nesting-doll prank where during the christmas gift exchange i wrapped his present in nestled boxes, 6 in all, so when he retrieved his seemingly HUGE boxed present from beneath the xmas tree, he had to dismantle boxes within boxes until he found his teeny weeny present at the bottom of it all. :lol:

alana
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 3:47 am

I am the most horribly unphotogenic person on the face of the earth. I have taken about three good photos in my life. I am actually decent looking, but I hate the way I look in pictures. I always have a weird expression, or at least most of the time.

EL60
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Mar 2010, 3:53 am

i do look odd when i dont have glasses on i just look very weird without them on. i like having my glasses on all the time

tinmaiden
Raven
Raven

20 Mar 2010, 4:16 am

I think I look odd in my photos, but I think it's just the fact that it's ME and I'm used to seeing a "reversed" image, seeing myself every day in a mirror.

I think it's similar to the phenomenon of hearing a recording of your voice and thinking it sounds funny.

-Fyodor Dostoevsky