Do you find life getting more and more difficult?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Curiosity
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Feb 2010, 1:19 am

I am finding that life is getting more and more frustrating and difficult. Today it seems like every time I have to interact with anyone having to do with a business, there is some issue or problem.

I bought a new laptop and it quit working in less than 30 days. Had to spend time on phone with tech support and then send it back to HP for repair. I had to contact them again and got folks outside the U.S. who were difficult to understand. I kept asking them to repeat what they were saying and I explained I was having difficulty understanding them. She actually yelled at me and told me I was not listening to her.

I changed health insurance and I've had to spend about 3 hours on the phone with the new health care provider in one month because of all the errors they have made.

I changed Time Warner options and they messed it up. I spent an hour on the phone with them.

After losing $6500 in Citigroup, now I find that they are charging $50 a year maintenance fee, yet they do nothing for that $50. I called and said fine, what will it cost me to sell what little I have left - $50. OK, what will it cost me transfer the asset - $95. So, now to rid myself of their reaching in my pocket each year and stealing $50 of my money, I have to pay them another $50 and I only have $680 worth left of what was over $7,000+ over 2 years ago. There is something just plain wrong with this. It may not be illegal, but I think it should be.

I feel that I am in constant battle. Few things seem to go smoothly. And then the consumer is stuck having to figure out which buttons to push on the phone to get an actual human being, who may or may not speak recognizable English, spend considerable time explaining the problem to someone who more times than not doesn't seem to care. Even then, things usually take a long time to get fixed.

I wish life was like it used to be even 15 years ago.

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 4:41 am

I am to the point where I don't drive anymore,
have to have my brother or aunt take me places.

I cannot make it on my own anymore,
came to live with brother, I cannot
be by myself for very long, only most
of a day then need help.

Have to have Dr. appts made for me now
or i forget ot screw them up.

I only have my self-made job now, and
I don't rake in the dough, I owrk from home.

I don't go out anywhere without brother.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

alana
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 8:39 pm

yes...sorry to hear about all the difficulties. The 'economy' at least in the U.S. sucks so that is what is going on financially, my credit card rates spiked too so I got charged fees on both this month.

Life is sucking lately but it's because of my own bad decisions about how I have invested my energy and emotions. I am paying big time. On the other hand I have a tremendous amount of clarity about some things that I have not had before...that is new and actually I had given up trying to get there, I thought since it didn't happen in my twenties it would never happen but now it's like I finally understand myself and some things about life. There are limits where there were not before which kind of sucks but I guess it's better than being completely befuddled about life.

hope things get better for you soon. Suck definitely seems to come in cycles.

MoonRa
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Feb 2010, 3:32 am

alana wrote:
yes...sorry to hear about all the difficulties. The 'economy' at least in the U.S. sucks so that is what is going on financially, my credit card rates spiked too so I got charged fees on both this month.

I've been working as a freelance engineer all my life, due the the economy last year, it's still hard to find new work nowadays. And it stresses me to the limit because 'selling myself' isn't my best thing.

alana wrote:
Life is sucking lately but it's because of my own bad decisions about how I have invested my energy and emotions. I am paying big time. On the other hand I have a tremendous amount of clarity about some things that I have not had before...that is new and actually I had given up trying to get there, I thought since it didn't happen in my twenties it would never happen but now it's like I finally understand myself and some things about life. There are limits where there were not before which kind of sucks but I guess it's better than being completely befuddled about life.

I'm kinda forced to put a lot of energy in social issues now in order to get work again. I hope it will pay off soon for I can't keep up with it much longer.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 10:58 am

Yes it seems to have got more difficult. Probably not currently getting any worse, but I can remember times when life didn't seem to take so much effort.

Those bureaucratic issues can be nasty, especially if there's a number of them happening at the same time.

Upochapo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Mar 2010, 10:07 pm

I don't even know where to begin. Lately, I don't know. It just feels like I am done. It feels like I have spent all that there is to spend on this society. I don't want any part of it any more. I am still going through the diagnosis process but the GADS came back positive and just have to have my MMPI evaluated and take the IQ test, yet.

I can't tolerate the surface small talk any more. The patterns and themes are ALL the same. I have really found things to be here quite dull. I have no rl friends. Nor, do I have a desire to have any. They all just pretty much want something any way. I just don't understand the connect that people feel they need to have.

I try to connect but always end up failing at sustaining it.

I'm hoping a lot of this stuff is thyroid related. At this point, it is difficult to ascertain what is what because of my thyroid and the psychologist seems very concerned about this so, i'm trying my very best to learn and decipher and figure things out.

I'm just concerned that I may not want deal with people at all, face to face. Oh, I am 38 by the way. So, yeah....

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 10:18 pm

i don't even try anymore. i don't even think about trying anymore.