Has anyone stayed in the hospital for a while?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 7:05 pm

If yes, what was the reason?

When I was 14 I had these panic attacks at night so my cardiologist (I have a cardiologist because I have a heart murmur) put me on medication. The medication would make me drowsy so I had to stay at the hospital for a few days and "get used to the medication".

After a while, I was put off of the medication and my neurologist never confirmed that I was having seizures.

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 7:14 pm

yeah when I was three years old. I was training my eye with poor sight and had an operation. It was a lot of struggling by then but ever since I grew up I had good confidence with hospitals out of that experience...

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Feb 2010, 7:52 pm

When I was in high school I had four impacted wisdom teeth that had to be surgically removed at the hospital. I was in there a couple nights (that's how they did it then). I went in the night before surgery, and then stayed the night after surgery.

In 2004, I had to have back surgery to remove a piece of a disk that had chipped. I went in on the day it was done. I stayed overnight and was released the next morning. After a few days at home, I got terrible pains in my side. I had formed a blood clot in my right leg and part of the clot dislodged and went to my right lung causing a pulmonary embolism. I was in the hospital for that for around five nights.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 8:21 pm

1st time, Medication got f****d up they tried to take me off one of my meds cold turkey i went ballistic and tried to kill a teacher in 6th grade.

then twice in 8th grade hospital for sucide attempts

1 in 9th for suicide attempt

3 times sophmore year for suicide attempt

and once this year (junior year) for a suicide attempt...

my depression got really bad in about 8th grade.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 8:21 pm

wait... i thought this thread was about psychiatric hospitalization... or maybe it is and people just dont understand.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 8:46 pm

Xenu wrote:
wait... i thought this thread was about psychiatric hospitalization... or maybe it is and people just dont understand.

I hope you don't have any more suicide attempts

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 9:10 pm

jc6chan wrote:
Xenu wrote:

hopefully bro.

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2010, 1:58 pm

When I was in kindergarden I had an appendicidus. I was afraid of the doctor so for months I tried to hide the pain from my parents, and I did a pretty good job, as for a while they just thought it was stomach aches. when they finally realized something was wrong, they took me to several pediatricians, all of which blamed it on gas.

Then one night my parents noticed the pain was back, and it was worse than ever. I could barely walk. They took me to the hospital, and according to my mom, the following conversation took place:

Doctor: "When did he have his appendix out?"
Mom: "He hasn't had his appendix out!"

So as it turned out, my appendix had already exploded, something that is generally fatal, but for some reason I had a wall of fat built up around my 'pendix and all the 'pendix poison got on that, so they just removed the fat. (what's weird Is I was a very thin kid. Like, anorexic thin. Heck, I'm still that scrawny.)

So I was in the hospital for quite a while, and got home around Christmastime, though I can't remember if it was before or after.

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2010, 3:27 pm

Xenu wrote:
jc6chan wrote:
Xenu wrote:

hopefully bro.
i was hospitalized in kids psychiatric first time when i was 10 because of my meltdowns now im just waiting so i can move out of "hospital"

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2010, 3:36 pm

When I was about 2 years old I had pneumonia so I think I was hospitalized for that. Last year I over dosed on my meds and I had to stay for about two days. They sent me to a psychiatric hospital. I only stayed a week and it was horrible.