Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Descartes30
Toucan
Toucan

19 Feb 2010, 2:12 pm

I very much crave affection, and there is no limit for how much I would enjoy, but only from someone that I romantically love. From my relatives I find it unpleasant, from animals I despise it, and I've never really had friends but I'm sure I wouldn't like that either.

Vyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 3:29 pm

I very much enjoy affection from animals, within reason. An English Mastiff pinning me to ground to coat my face with slobber is another story.

From humans... I'm very leery of physical contact and even close presence is uncomfortable. I'd like to think that someone I'm attracted to that wouldn't happen but I don't honestly know. With family and whatnot, I definitely prefer to not be touched, so I'm not sure about a lover either. But still, there's a hope that I could get past that.

I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity flourish.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 7:17 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
How many people feel they need, crave, or really really want personal affection in their lives?

Good topic!

I crave affection. I love getting and giving hugs and kisses, which might be one of the minor reasons why I have been wishing for a significant other for so long, someone who if was in the dumps, I could give her a hug and make her feel better.

Sound
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 7:35 pm

If/when I start to feel alone and unloved, then yeah, crave is definitely the right word.
But once I start feeling better, it's more of an appreciation; I can handle going without it for a while.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 8:29 pm

Sound wrote:
If/when I start to feel alone and unloved, then yeah, crave is definitely the right word.
But once I start feeling better, it's more of an appreciation; I can handle going without it for a while.

hmm... you're probably right on this. I'm just stuck in the "alone and unloved" situation...

Greg88
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Feb 2010, 3:29 am

I always seem to crave hugs or snuggling. But as soon as it happens it seems unfulfilling and empty, i dont find it uncomfortable, but i never feel affection from it the way i want to.