Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Vashna
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Feb 2010, 4:05 am

Let me start this by saying I’m not trying to replace Wrong Planet ^^

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good anime forum for me to join. Someone suggested that I join one, but being like most people here, I’d prefer something that didn’t have too much fighting and confrontation.

Thanks so much!

Descartes30
Toucan
Toucan

19 Feb 2010, 5:20 am

So far I haven't found a better place to discuss anime than here, sorry. I agree about not wanting to fight or deal with trolls :)

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 5:25 am

The anime forum I use the most is the one for Anime News Network, the site has a really good encyclopedia of anime, and the forums has a fairly strict no fighting rule. The site has news, critiques, a comic strip and the search function alows you to search by name or put in different themes and it will bring up a list in order of how highly it is rated.

You can't start a thread to ask for the name of an anime you might have seen once, but there is a dedicated thread for people to ask such questions. You also can not really start a thread to ask for recomendations, this was done to prevent the forums from being flooded by people asking for recomendations, though you will definetly learn what is popular, and people leave what they have watched recently and whether they think others will like it.

The site actualy was quoted on the back of some of my Gurren Lagann DVDs.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 4:53 pm

Also unlike on here if you start a thread or post you will need to be at your best at spelling and grammer or else good bye thread/post.

Vashna
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Feb 2010, 3:00 am

Thanks to all three of you! I tend to find that Wrong Planet is the perfect place to discuss just about anything really, because of how polite everyone here is. But thank you for the suggestion. I did sign up on the Anime News Network forums, and I actually ended up signing up for the Robotech.com forums. I’m not sure if anyone is familiar?

By the way, am I allowed to ask Bradleigh and thewrll where those avatars came from? Haha, I especially love that…is he a tanuki guy?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2010, 3:19 am

Vashna wrote:
By the way, am I allowed to ask Bradleigh and thewrll where those avatars came from? Haha, I especially love that…is he a tanuki guy?
My current avatar is from Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, which is a current anime which is pretty much mostly gags, and one of my favourite at the moment.

I checked ANN and saw your introduction I am on that site under the name "DuskyPredator", I just going through some of the recent releases before posting, sad bit is I just got back from a camp and internet has gone bugger slow.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2010, 4:06 am

Mine is from I dont know the amount but certain endings of Gintama where Gintoki is portrayed as a teacher.

Vashna
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Feb 2010, 3:22 am

Ah, wow, I had never heard of Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu. Thanks for keying me into it. I’ve never seen Gintama to be honest, but I’m waiting for the series to get returned to the library. I actually figured it was really serious, by looking at the art, before I found out it really isn’t.