PLEASE HELP ME!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ashmeister
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Feb 2010, 8:55 am

Basically I need help finding a scholarship or financial aid for college. Here are my statistics if you need to know:-

Ethnicity: Tamil Indian
Major: Filmmaking, Cinematic Arts
Type of Loan/Scholarship: Need-based
Religion: Hindu, Sai Baba
Freshmen Year: 2010-2011
Years: 2010 - 2014
College-to-go-to: University of Southern California
My Nationality: Singaporean

Hope that helps. SO PLEASE HELP ME!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

Last edited by ashmeister on 20 Feb 2010, 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

ashmeister
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Feb 2010, 12:15 am

PLEASE ANYBODY HELP ME!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

ashmeister
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Feb 2010, 2:41 am

WHAT PART OF "I NEED HELP" DO ANY OF YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!

ashmeister
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Feb 2010, 3:21 am

SOMEBODY HELP ME!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2010, 3:46 am

I am not inclined to do research on behalf of anyone who is demanding it with all caps and exclamation points in multiple comments. Your post doesn't even say what school you are going to, or what country it is in! Google is your friend--try looking up scholarship resources for yourself.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2010, 7:06 am

This isn't the best place to ask that question. Besides the fact you could be a little more polite.
Go on student forums and contact someone at the college you plan on going to. I don't know if there's a student finance contact where you live. You're gonna have to try to research this on your own. Sorry I can't be of any more assistance. :)

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2010, 10:26 am

PLEASE DON'T TYPE IN ALL CAPS!! !! !!

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2010, 3:13 am

As an undergrad there really isn't any US government funding for you since you are foreign student, as far as I know. The funds that exist are earmarked for citizens. I suggest you contact the financial aid office at the university you plan to attend and ask them for a list of resources - if you have already been admitted. (I would not do it in all CAPS!) USC is a private school, not state supported. They may have donors who fund scholarships that are not available to students at other schools. Be aware that, right now, the economy has tanked everywhere so scholarships that used to exist may no longer be viable.

Have you checked with your own government? Some governments do fund their students' study abroad. Alternately, there is a huge book of financial aid resources - and I'm very sorry that I can't tell you the name, it's been years since I needed it - that you can purchase and look through yourself. You should be able to find the title with a little Internet research.

As a foreign student, be sure you know how much money the Department of Homeland Security will expect you to have at your easy access before you try to enter the country, and that your J-1 visa paperwork is in order. If you don't have the necessary funds, you won't be allowed in. If your J-1 visa paperwork is not in order, you won't be allowed in.

Good luck.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2010, 4:30 am

ashmeister wrote:
Basically I need help finding a scholarship or financial aid for college. Here are my statistics if you need to know:-

Ethnicity: Tamil Indian
Major: Filmmaking, Cinematic Arts
Type of Loan/Scholarship: Need-based
Religion: Hindu, Sai Baba
Freshmen Year: 2010-2011
Years: 2010 - 2014
College-to-go-to: University of Southern California
My Nationality: Singaporean

Hope that helps. SO PLEASE HELP ME!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

What you want us to send you money?
NO!

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2010, 4:58 am

I'd like to recommend http://www.edupass.org/finaid/sources.phtml (Possible sources for financial Sources for US colleges), http://www.edupass.org/finaid/loans.phtml (Loans for international students) and http://www.usc.edu/admission/fa/ to you.

Have fun.

By the way, why don't you PM or email me? If you want a response from an international student studying in the United States who has Asperger's Syndrome, then I'd say you'll have to be patient --- from what I saw in the forum, I know one Malaysian student studied and flunked out of the University of Minnesota. And he hadn't replied to my PM. I just wonder when can we talk about this personally, either on here or by other means...

This is not meant to discourage you, I only meant to help you see better that studying in a good US college alone is difficult and it takes tremendous determination and effort to pull through the US education experience --- which I think you can do.

And Friskeygirl, I would say you offended me too. I am the victim of the spam mail that hit him and many other friends. Please do not hurt both him and me any further. Thank you.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2010, 5:19 am

I am offended that he is shouting in caps. he is also spamming the board which is really annoying,

THANK YOU :roll:

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2010, 6:09 am

Oh I see. I can only say although Ashmeister look as if he is spamming, he's just plain anxious for an answer to his 'big question'.

Don't worry, Friskeygirl, at least you told me why are you worried till you think people must send him money. Well, personally, this was a bigger issue than writing in caps and posting multiple posts.

Sorry.

TheCaityCat
Raven
Raven

22 Feb 2010, 5:48 pm

Ashmeister, sometimes it takes a while for replies to happen, especially when it's a subject that not many people know about.

You'd probably have better luck on a board meant for college applicants.

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2010, 8:48 pm

Yes I agree.

NTs will say that given your not-so-good O Levels and SAT scores, you cannot get into USC. I do not think so because I believe you can find the answer to their comments ---

But, what can you do to make up the not-so-wonderful academic records to make sure USC admits you?

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2010, 8:51 pm

I would seriously consider looking at some other schools if you can't get some big time scholarships. USC is f**king ridiculously expensive. I applied to USC almost 10 years ago and got a scholarship offer for 25% of my tuition and it still was going to be like $27K a year, I can't even imagine what it costs now.

Definitely look at those links ruennsheng posted. Those will be a great resource either way.

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2010, 2:50 am

Good. :)

So I guess the best thing to do is to apply to a polytechnic in Singapore... At least there will be some media job after graduation. Who says Singapore is no good?