Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

unitedprayr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2010, 2:41 am

I got rejected today and this is what the person said. I need to know what you would do and deal with this situation.
this is what she said
I know you are not a bad person, princess Holly. I'm only doing this because that's what the Lord told me is best for you. And I told you I would stand with Him for you - because He loves you better than anyone and knows what you need.
I don't necessarily understand, either. But He's told me only to pray and intercede for you. I'm really very sorry that hurts you. But I have to do what He says. I want to do what He says because I trust Him more than anyone else.

I told you I would not abandon you. I'm not. I contending for your heart like the Lord is telling me to, which means i'm loving you the very best that I can. For some reason, that means i'm not allowed to talk with you. But know that I love you.

You are worth whatever He calls me to do for you. And i'll always listen to Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I'll always be lifting you up before the throne and asking Him to do what will help you the most and bring you closest to Him. He's going to do the work.
You do not need me - I know because He told me you don't. Even though you may feel you do.

So, I bless you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, who came in the flesh and died for our sins. And I lift you up to his throne for the love and comfort that your heart needs. And for whatever healing He'd delight to bring. And I ask for the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, to surround you. Those are my prayers for you, in Jesus Christ of Nazareth's name.

Shalom, princess.
You are very much loved, beyond understanding. :-)

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2010, 4:30 am

Blaming God for a lack of interest....

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2010, 5:36 am

You shouldn't really care. That person sounds like a dork. Did you record what she said by the way? It sounds pretty hard to remember all of that.

Robin_Hood
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Feb 2010, 6:46 am

Hehehehe.. They sounds insane.. I'd be greatful that they rejected you. Think of it as a great escape!! :D

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2010, 8:17 am

That's amazing. Perhaps this person really believes this nonsense, but in any event you're better off without her. What a tool. Know that you are welcome here unitedprayr.

AspiRob
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2010, 2:59 pm

The reply you got is typical female bulls**t. On one hand she doesn't want you but on the other hand, she won't cut you loose to pursue someone else. Basically, this is what women do that f**ks up mens' minds.

Tell this idiot to shove off and cut her loose. You can do better.

Vince
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2010, 4:45 pm

Those are the words of a deeply brainwashed person.

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2010, 11:46 am

Hi,

To be up front, I'm an atheist and have a hard time with the “god told me to do it” excuse.

People make their own choices for their own reasons whether they claim “god told them to do it” or not. This person is making a decision to cut you off. If you buy the “god told me to do it” excuse then your questions should be directed to that god. But since you are directing them here, I suspect you don't accept it.

One way to look at it is the person wants to cut you off but doesn't want to take the blame for hurting you so she sloughs the blame off on god. Too many people claim to know the mind of god and use it as an excuse to commit anything from minor infractions on up to gross atrocities. People need to take responsibility for their own actions and choices regardless of their beliefs. (Okay, I'll stop ranting now)

I assume that the text is a direct quote. From the tone, it sounds like the person may indeed believe what she has written or is working hard to convince herself that she believes it. She may honestly feel that to do the right thing for you, she has to back away.

But I think the key phrase is “I know you are not a bad person, princess Holly.” The fact that she feels she must point this out suggests there might be some question as to whether you are a bad person or not. I don't know you and I can't make a conclusion one way or the other, but clearly the writer believes there might be some question here.

Perhaps you have done something that has hurt the writer. Or perhaps you hold an opinion or belief that the writer does not like and thus she wants to imply you might be a bad person and that god won't let you and her play together.

As painful as it might be, it may be useful to accept that you cannot control anyone else's thoughts or behavior. The only person you can change is yourself. You may be able to express your thoughts in a clear argument and influence a person's opinion, but you cannot make her think anything other than what she will think. If this person chooses to use an excuse to reject you, she is going to do that regardless of any underlying beliefs.

If the reasons for her rejection of you can be traced back to your own actions, you have a chance of changing what you do in the future and perhaps either win back her friendship or avoid future rejections from other people. Just be careful not to throw away what is good in yourself in the hopes of winning back false friends.

If her rejection is something she decided on because of her own closed mind or some misguided belief, there is little you can do to change her. Perhaps the best you can do is to move on and hope for the best in future relationships.

I wish you the best of luck,

Lars

musicboxforever
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2010, 12:01 pm

unitedprayr wrote:
I know you are not a bad person, princess Holly. I'm only doing this because that's what the Lord told me is best for you. And I told you I would stand with Him for you - because He loves you better than anyone and knows what you need.
I don't necessarily understand, either. But He's told me only to pray and intercede for you. I'm really very sorry that hurts you. But I have to do what He says. I want to do what He says because I trust Him more than anyone else.

I told you I would not abandon you. I'm not. I contending for your heart like the Lord is telling me to, which means i'm loving you the very best that I can. For some reason, that means i'm not allowed to talk with you. But know that I love you.

Wow, I think I would be really hurt if someone said this to me. I don't understand it. Why would God say that she isn't allowed to talk with you? I am so sorry, this sounds like someone making excuses. It will be hard not to worry about this, but please don't let it get to you. I don't think that this person's opinion is worth worrying about.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2010, 8:18 pm

jagatai wrote:
One way to look at it is the person wants to cut you off but doesn't want to take the blame for hurting you so she sloughs the blame off on god.

I agree, that's probably the case. And if so, how ugly. How childish. How pathetic. OP, believe me, I know it might hurt a little for now, but it's a blessing in disguise. Write the dumb b**** off.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2010, 9:45 pm

Do she is in some sect or something? A lot of sects ask their menbers to drive away from their friends and familly