Do you have trouble talking to your Siblings?

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

cloverleaf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Mar 2006, 11:06 pm

I have two sibs there is over a decade seperating them and me. My brother is 30 and 15 years older then me and my sister is 29 and 14 years older then me. I'm 15.
I get along pretty well with my bro. but that's a fairly recent thing to me at least We've been getting along since I turned thirteen and he moved closer.
i haven't gotten along well with my sis since I was about 10. my brothers wedding was recently and when my sis left mum and dad gave her a hug and then we just stood there after she left mum asked me why I couldn't just hug her. now she calls and I just give the phone to mum or dad. but last time she called she wanted to talk to me and I didn't know what to say. We're complete oppisites she's city i'm country.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2006, 4:31 am

I have two older sisters and a twin sister, all non-autistic. Their lives are nothing like mine, they have two children each.
Since my diagnosis, they have been unsure of what to say around me, so they don't talk to me much anymore. Since I don't know how to explain myself to them, I don't talk to them either. They get along with eachother fine and I'm ok with that.

pooftis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2006, 4:51 pm

I'm fairly lucky with my full sibs. (I have 2 full siblings and 7 half siblings, I don't speak to the halfs) But both my younger brother and sister and I are all really close. I am a really involved older sister though, so maybe that helps us.

msamericanpartiot
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Mar 2006, 8:56 pm

I guess I am super lucky then since I am an only child. I too have that sensory thing. I cant stand firearms, fireworks or rubber balloons here myself. I do remember asking my parents for brothers and sisters so I would have someone to play with though.

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2006, 11:59 am

Stereokid wrote:
I have a little trouble getting along with my sister because she doesn't like any of the stuff I'm into. For example, my main interests are Titanic, stereos, and ceiling fans, while my sister says mean stuff about my interests, such as,"your stereo is stupid,""Ceiling fans are childish," or "Titanic stinks." There is some good news here, though. Her boyfriend is into Titanic as well.

My older sister was the same way about my interests, she'd refer to my "Stupid music," "stupid TV shows," "Stupid car books," "Stupid electronics magazines," "Stupid Stereo," and the list goes on.

I just wished she'd go about her business so I could go about mine and if our paths didn't cross, so be it. Our parents, although they'd sometimes just to make me feel better say "Everybody is different," they still tried to make me be more like her. They had alot of beefs with me, such as she read alot and I didn't, she liked swimming and I didn't, she played an instrument which I never had the desire to do, and the list goes on. That attitude of their's only fueled the problems I had with her and my other siblings, instead of making me convert.

I seldom see any of them anymore, which is fine with me.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2006, 1:31 pm

We get along pretty good most of the time but it is kinda weird becuse I am 10 years younger than the closest one 15 to the oldest they all either are ASD or realy close. I love taking to my brothers the most becuse of overlaping or shared intersests my sisters are fine but never as much to talk about.

Florescent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Mar 2006, 2:09 pm

FinallY someone else fiz my sister is a stupid bipolar b***h She has not had plant drugs she is a b***h . She can;t handle much. She threw pottery at me spit at me than accuse me of doing it to her. I think she gave up on me cause I keep telling her no point in arguging with a ret*d. I will sometimes say I did not ask for a conversation. My brother is a an ass makes fun of me takes pictures of me in the shower he has a girlfriend. He can be normal. Mom its just basically f**k you every other day. I don't say that basically she is stupid bipolar b***h also. If you take your fealings out on me then you are a stupid bipolar b***h. I also understand fealing well so I think that but if you try and mess with me I won;t work.

Florescent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Mar 2006, 2:14 pm

If you are reading this space case nooffense agaist you or any one else hear, but you don't have to drag other people into your mood.

silasjones
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Mar 2006, 10:12 pm

my brother and i are totally on different pages. he doesn't even ask what's up or anything like that. i think that's somehow related to my upbringing - dad is a total narcissist. makes it a weird situation because you've got a person who is incapable of communicating efficiently, and another person who is completely incapable of caring, even if the other person (me) can.

jman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2006, 8:24 am

I am the oldest of 4 children. They are all dysfunctional in some way or another. My sister is a total mess, shes 20 years old, doesn't go to school, has hardly ever worked, doesn't drive. She also has bipolar (as do I) and ca be a pain to live with. Oddly enough I get along with her better than my other siblings. My brother on the other hand has suspected AS because he flaps his arms all time and is socially awkard. However me and him don't get along at all, he always calls me "sir nid" which is his own little idiosynchratic way of calling me an idiot. My little 10 year old sister is a pain, she literally drives me up a wall. She screams at everyone in the house, and calls them names when she doesn't get her way. She also throws nasty temper tantrums when anyone ever says no to anything she says. She loves to insult me whenever I do an autistic behavior, or makes other rude comment regarding other habits. And yet she always expects me to drive her to her friend's house all the time. God I can't wait til i move out! :x

I also somehow think it's my fault my siblings are all so dysfunctional since I am the oldest and am supposed to set an example :cry:

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 6:21 am

Pecking Order in families is usually determined by birth rank/age. The older ones are going to try to command the younger in normal environments. An Aspie wouldnt respond right to those signals and threat displays, or would acquiesce to a younger sibling and would put it all out of wack at times. THis sounds like what some of you are experiencing.

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 7:50 am

I have a real hard problem with talking to my siblings, I guess its because I don't know what to talk to them about. and other times its because I feel like I don't relate to them socially

ImpecuniousMax
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Apr 2006, 8:08 am

I can’t even begin to tell you how much difficulty exists in the relationship between me and my older brother [I am quite aware that traditionally and for the purposes of courtesy the correct grammar is ‘_ _ _(whoever) and I’. In this instance I choose not to use it], and exactly how much pain he has caused me. Suffice to say that as a kid (not so long ago I suppose, I think 6 years) I made a genuine and highly spirited attempt to kill him, and many times fantasised about creeping into his room at night, planting a knife in his tubby, snoring form, and watching the blood gradually turn the sheets a deep shade of crimson. If this makes me sound like a ‘bad person’, please understand it is no exaggeration to say that the sibling to whom I refer has not only hurt me hugely both physically and mentally more times than I can count, but has also played a large part in pushing me at times in my life into the very deepest misery.
Now I naturally no longer harbour the desire to kill him, but it is my one of my deepest wishes that before I die I will get to turn the tables and beat the absolute living crap out of him. Just one, sweet, wonderful time. That’s all I ask. Just once.