I can only have normal conversations when it comes to my...

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DavidM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Mar 2010, 8:06 pm

Today I told my hairdresser that I liked her boots (they were knee-high and quite sexy) and then I told her sometimes I wish I was a woman so that I could dress up in women's clothes, which are so much prettier than men's. She said different shaped women wear different kinds of clothes and that she was quite small. I told her, truthfully, that I like small, feminine women. Surely this was a come-on but then she immediately said that there are bigger, more shapely women - I got confused? WTF? Then she mentioned that her flatmate made a remark like 'Are you going to ride your horse' when she saw her big boots. So then I asked her if she wanted a pony as a girl, because lots of girls want horses. And so on. But I was a bit high on painkillers at the time and eventually a strange thing happened when I put the money down on the counter while she was collecting my coat and she thought she left the money there herself and kept asking me for money ... so it all ended in typical farce, when I left I kept thinking about emailing her because she's quite sexy and I would love to have sex with her, I think, although my anxiety is so high I am probably impotent.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 1:27 am

DavidM wrote:
Today I told my hairdresser that I liked her boots (they were knee-high and quite sexy) and then I told her sometimes I wish I was a woman so that I could dress up in women's clothes, which are so much prettier than men's. She said different shaped women wear different kinds of clothes and that she was quite small. I told her, truthfully, that I like small, feminine women. Surely this was a come-on but then she immediately said that there are bigger, more shapely women - I got confused? WTF? Then she mentioned that her flatmate made a remark like 'Are you going to ride your horse' when she saw her big boots. So then I asked her if she wanted a pony as a girl, because lots of girls want horses. And so on. But I was a bit high on painkillers at the time and eventually a strange thing happened when I put the money down on the counter while she was collecting my coat and she thought she left the money there herself and kept asking me for money ... so it all ended in typical farce, when I left I kept thinking about emailing her because she's quite sexy and I would love to have sex with her, I think, although my anxiety is so high I am probably impotent.

If performance anxiety becomes imminent, bring up whatever kind of shoes she's wearing. This would take the edge right off, then you could get on with it.

alana
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 1:32 pm

memesplice wrote:
Trouble with this is, I have really good recall and can link ideas and pull meaning out of a pile of turnips if I have to,

the same here. But it takes me about 3.5 seconds to say something way too deep and complex and then the NT will realize they are having complex thoughts that defy proscribed norms and their eyes glaze over. Generally 'mmmmmmm' and 'uh' sounds are safer for me.

memesplice
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 1:41 pm

3.5 seconds, that is good processing . I am thinking of starting a thread which approaches the problem of their slower processing capability, lack of simultaneous comprehension, depth of interrelated meaning , and how we best respond to it. This is not our problem.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2010, 12:33 am

I am as per mgran. Heavyhanded lecturer, able tio listen happily and productively to other people lecturing about their interests. Ask me what I know about bones thanks to R, or about progressive rock thanks to A.

As an NT conversationalist I stink. She asks questions, I think I'm supposed to answer. She talks spontaneously, I listen and absorb. But I don't ask questions unless I really need to know what happened at the doctor's or how he sees the punctuated equilibrium debate. And I don'y volunteer a whole lot.