I really want to go to one University.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 6:28 pm

It's in my hometown and has a really good business program. I'm worried that I don't have a plan B for another University though.
I'm also worried about residence, they only have a limited amount of single rooms :/

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 8:59 pm

If it's in your home town, you could just live at home.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 9:14 pm

arielhawksquill wrote:
If it's in your home town, you could just live at home.
Yeah, I know, I'll probably do that first year, but I really do want to move out. I don't feel like I'll ever get true independence if I live at home, my mom is just so overprotective.

gypsyRN
Toucan
Toucan

04 Mar 2010, 11:46 pm

The school I went to had mostly doubles (2 people), but some triples...some of my friends went places where there were 4 people in one room! They still survived.

Since the university is in your hometown, if you need to get away from your roommate, you can always spend an evening at home.

Also, I'd recommend living there your freshman year. That way, everyone else is "new and awkward" and it's much easier to meet people. Especially in the first few weeks, it seems that all the freshman are eager to meet each other. You might even find yourself kind of popular, since you know the area! You can give the others advice on restaurants, stores, transportation, etc.

Good luck!