Hi Everyone, New from Melbourne - Australia

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Pinchy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Mar 2010, 1:25 am

OK Here I go again. This is the 2nd time I am trying to post this. The first attempt failed because I added someone's blog address in it. Let's see if the video recorder in my head is working to speed things up a bit.

I joined Wrong Planet about an hour ago and I hope to discuss and hopefully 'meet up' with people with similar issues as me.

M, my other half went to listen to Tony Attwood last year and he came away thinking that the guy was talking about me! You should see the look on his face when he came home. It was priceless! Since then, I have been digging up information about Aspergers and is somewhat relieved to learn that I am not the only eccentric person on Earth. I first heard about Aspergers back in the late 80's. It was mentioned in a magazine about Montessori. I remember telling my mum that I think I have Aspergers but she thought that I was being silly.

About 10 days ago, I was saddened by something that had occured at my blog. I was feeling quite lonely and rejected for a few days. Eventually, I decided to ask Gavin - an Aspie Blogger to recommend any good online support groups for Aspies. Wrong Planet was one of a few and from my first visit to the site on Friday, I thought that this could be my new shelter.

I was hoping to show M the site on Saturday but a freak hail storm arrived before he got home. Our little pigeon hole (our home) was hit real bad. Water started to pour in through the ceiling and I had to manage everything by myself. During the peak of the storm, I stood in the middle of the apartment not knowing whether to abandon the place or to stay because the roof felt like it was about to cave in. It was that scary. Other than M and the Body Corporate, I had no one else to call for help. I could have called SES (State Emergency Services) but I wasn't sure if our situation was severe enough to bother them. Surely they were busy dealing with other Melbournians! I did eventually dash downstairs to tell the elderly couple living on the ground floor. I guess what I had wanted to hear from them was a little reassurance. I was so shocked by what had happened that I had managed to maintain eye contact while talking to them. LOL

The nasty storm had jolted me into reality. I can't go on living isolated from other human beings. I need to form a supportive network just in case I get into trouble again. I hope to make a start by joining this group first.

For this forum, I have decided to 'activate' a nickname given to me by a small child a decade ago. Please call me Pinchy. Ok, I am no off to clean the Pantry.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Mar 2010, 5:06 am

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2010, 9:28 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet. :)

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2010, 9:50 am

Hello Pinchy, welcome, enjoy your stay on the Wrong Planet!

Interests: science, experimental psychology, psychophysics, music (listening and playing (guitar)) and visual arts

Don't focus on your weaknesses, focus on your strengths

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2010, 11:07 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2010, 11:21 am

Welcome, Pinchy, to the Wrong Planet neighborhood.

AspiInLV
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Mar 2010, 5:33 pm

Welcome!! !

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 5:53 pm

Hello Pinchy, well was everything okay with your roof? I have no support system either. It's not good, I know. I am getting to know the girls across the hall.

Taupey

Pinchy

14 Mar 2010, 6:55 am

Err... I am not sure if I am doing this right...

Err... Do I have to fill in the Subject bit even if I am only replying to a post/message I started?

Hello and Thank You to everyone who greeted and welcomed me to Wrong Planet.

Pinchy

14 Mar 2010, 7:39 am

Hello Taupey,

Thanks for responding to my post. The insurance man popped in on Thursday. He will be organizing tradies to come and fix the damages but work is unlikely to start till the end of the month! I can't wait for things to return to normal.

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2010, 8:51 am

Welcome to WP.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2010, 9:10 am

Pinchy wrote:
Hello Taupey,

Thanks for responding to my post. The insurance man popped in on Thursday. He will be organizing tradies to come and fix the damages but work is unlikely to start till the end of the month! I can't wait for things to return to normal.

I hope it all goes well with the repairs Pinchy.

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2010, 3:49 am

Pinchy wrote:
Err... I am not sure if I am doing this right...

Err... Do I have to fill in the Subject bit even if I am only replying to a post/message I started?
No, you don't need to ;)

Interests: science, experimental psychology, psychophysics, music (listening and playing (guitar)) and visual arts

Don't focus on your weaknesses, focus on your strengths

Cultus_Diabolus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2010, 2:29 am

welcome

AspieForty
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Apr 2010, 10:24 am

Pinchy wrote:
The first attempt failed because I added someone's blog address in it.

Put it in your signature.

Pinchy wrote:
I remember telling my mum that I think I have Aspergers but she thought that I was being silly.

Yup, and when somebody "trusted" like that scoffs and plants seeds of doubts, its really difficult to act independently and advocate for yourself. The Inertia....

Pinchy wrote:
I had no one else to call for help....I was so shocked by what had happened that I had managed to maintain eye contact while talking to them.

Yup, and if my car gives the big concheroo on the road, I'm stuck with nobody to help...

Pinchy wrote:
I can't go on living isolated from other human beings. I need to form a supportive network just in case I get into trouble again.

There's coping skills for you. :wink:

Welcome Image

"Chaos, Panic, Pandemonium, My Work Here Is Done."