Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2010, 4:23 am

death is just a part of the circle of life. when i pass-on from this world i will enter the next world, and eventually matriculate back into another earth life for yet another go-'round at the karmic wheel. i just hope i perform a little better next time, and i hope that the next time is a better life in general.

CraftyAJ
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Mar 2010, 9:28 am

I lost my mother 13 years ago and both my brother and father (separately) in the six months.

Mother's death hit me hard (I was 28) and think it forced me to start thinking "like an adult" for the first time. I still miss her especially when I am very sad or confused.

Brother and dad have left me numb and feeling very alone (even though we weren't that close anymore).

A few days before he passed, my dad (with advanced alzhiemers and heart failure) said he was moving to a new neighborhood.... that my mother and brother were there and that I wasn't allowed. This freaked me out a little and comforted me a little (ya know?).

Anyway, I kind of like the thought that someone in the afterlife is looking after us. BUT, I think when I die I'd really just like some peace and quiet and nothingness without having to worry about everything left on earth. LOL

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2010, 2:09 pm

I lost my maternal grandmother about 11 years ago, when she was aged 100. There was no emotional drama, though. She was a remarkable woman, who led a full and rich life. At the end she was occasionally taking an aspirin to help her sleep, but was otherwise in good, if declining, health. Her short term memory was somewhat poor in the last decade of her life, but her long term memory was extraordinarily good.

I cannot speak to how I will cope with my parents' demise. Both are in their 70s and beginning to present health concerns. But given the inevitability of their deaths, I will adopt the strategy of maximizing my relationship with them in whatever time is available. If I can do that, I think there will be little drama at the end.