Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

you_are_what_you_is
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 11:43 am

Concepts like importance are subjective. I think there are loads of things that are important.

meeemoi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 May 2011, 10:14 pm

Valmont wrote:
I concur.

The Ego attaches universal importance to itself because that is it's entire universe. It's worst fear is being extinguished, being nothing. Do we know what we truly want? Does it make sense objectively to want to survive, to exist?

I'm not sure if it was mentioned on the site but i did see this thing on meditation (which i always thought as non scientific) when i finally understood it it made a lot of scene,

let me see if i can explain it
basically you focus your attention on your brain
you notice all the tendencies your brain has
this means any thought that pops in your head you kinda take note of ,
you dont think about the thoughts just take notes of what pops up
this allows you to see things that have been trying to pop up but that you didnt put any attention to before,
again you just sit and observe, as you do this you are separating your ego form your brain,
your ego is now watching your brain
from this some how it translates to finding this inner peace and not feeling like you have to worry about other people and all that stuff,
but it really fascinating where it goes. basically you are deconstruction your brain and not using it, rater you are watching it,
your brain gets used less and less as you no longer entertain thoughts. Its like erasing all your experiences and all the stuff that was put in your brain from the outside world,

any ways i know it sounds bad but check it out i think the guys name was mookey or some thing search that with attention and the word meditation
i found it on youtube searching for "superficial converstaion" out of all things