Is it a aspie thing to get upset over a little thing?

Page 4 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 6:52 pm

Yep! I too obsess over little things, that can irritate me, so there isn´t space for anything else, before the problem is solved.

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 12:26 am

Yes, it definitely is--at least to get upset over things that other people think are "little things". See the thread I started earlier today about disappointment for an example. In another sense, though, I think that to us many things that NTs get upset over seem trivial as well, like someone in class looking at them the wrong way (I guess that is more a teenage thing, but still, I don't hear of aspie teenagers doing this sort of thing).

I also think that NTs tend to be more flexible, hence less upset about things going their way, and also for them, many of the "minor" things that really upset them would also upset many other people, and so they don't feel alone about it (I think the feeling of misunderstanding is often as much a cause of getting upset as the actual thing).

Also, contrary to one of the other posters in this thread, I almost never forget something I was upset about, until it's corrected. I may not care about it for a while, sometimes for months or years, but the next time I'm upset about one thing, ALL the other things I was upset about and couldn't solve come back.