Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2010, 8:13 pm

Had relatives come down from Tennessee including my family there was 15 people later down to 8 eating out at dinner. I was nervous since I hadn't seen these relatives in over 5 years but things went kind of ok. I talked a little but mostly kept quite. :-) One of the guys smacked me on the shoulder (as a nice greeting gesture) which I found odd and strange but I understand that's normal for some people. I hugged and asked how each family member was doing. :-) One of my older cousins I have a picture of me/her by my bed from 5 years ago. WOW has she changed LOL! We struck it off last time for some reason she's a real nice lady. :-) Maybe 5 years from now or when I see them again in the next few years I can of gone forward with my life goals and maybe be in College again. :-) I really hope getting Aid for school works out for me I REALLY REALLY DO!! !! !!

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2010, 10:55 pm

Sounds like a nice visit- sometimes family gatherings can be really stressful. You know I lived in TN from age 10-19. The smacking on the shoulder sounds like folks back "home". Good for you getting to see more family and being so positive. I hope your college aid works out too.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2010, 11:51 pm

I'm glad that you had a good visit. It makes me happy. :D

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2010, 9:25 am

Ah, You'll look back on this in five years and wonder what you were
freaking out about, and wonder why you weren't freaking out about being five years older in five years time!

Trust me, it happens to everyone!
:wink:

( The wink is from me to you and then back to me again,
because I know you wont appreciate it for around five years or so,
by which time you will have forgotten about it,
and so will I,
but lets not prevaricate upon wrinkles or :wink: on time.)