Page 1 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2010, 9:02 pm

this is probablly the only actual psychological test you'll find online. However never take self diagnosis for granted. Most psychologists dont even know what their doing.
I scored 21. my roommate took it and got 34. Ill be watching him to make sure he doesnt steal my stuff.
see what you score.
http://www.arkancide.com/psychopathy.htm

PrisonerZero
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Apr 2010, 9:30 pm

BS.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 9:31 pm

i scored 0, iow i couldn't select any of the checkmarks for various bad behaviours.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 9:34 pm

I got a 5 and that was pushing it. I could have interpreted a few questions to the absolute letter and gotten a 3. It's interesting that this site is basically a conspiracy theory site. (I clicked on the link thinking I'd get an evaluation.)

SnowWhite88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2010, 9:43 pm

I got a 7.

PrisonerZero
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Apr 2010, 9:57 pm

What's the point of taking this test?

There's no way to obtain any explanation or results, and more importantly, it's just politically motivated nonsense.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 9:57 pm

6. How the heck did the OP get such a high score? I mean, I scored points for being irresponsible; but only to the degree that those things aren't caused by executive dsyfunction and burnout; and it's hardly my fault I don't mirror people's emotions. I'm compassionate enough when I finally figure out what they're feeling.

BTW, the "politically motivated" thing doesn't actually make this a non-legitimate test; these criteria sound very familiar to me and I'm betting they are part of the list that some professional wrote to describe psychopathy...

If you're gonna accuse a politician of anything, make it narcissism. It's a safe bet--most are, to some extent!

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2010, 10:04 pm

Prisoner Zero- the BS statement is not specific to what you're refering to? if you're commenting on why i said not to take self-diagnosis for granted, what i mean by that is that psychologists dont even know what their doing. of course people know more about themselves than the doctor, but i think most diagnosises are a matter of opinion. so yes you can diagnosis youreself in a way, however there are other factors most people dont look for towards other causes of symptoms. for example it can be obvious to your self that you have aspergers symptoms, but it takes more than having the symptoms to know what causes them. ive had several things ruled out to get formal diagnosis such as copper poisoning test, karyotype tests, eegs, and cat scans. you cant do those things on your own. for me the copper poisoning test, and karyotype tests came out normal, while the eeg was slightly abnormal, and the cat scan was normal other than an arachnoid cyst which may or may not be causing me symptoms. seeing similar symptoms in family members of mine suggests that its probablly genetic which is what my doctors agree with. im not saying self diagnosed people dont have aspergers or something else for that matter. Im just stating that its difficult to actually be so certain of something without official testing. Some people diagnosis themselves with online tests such as the well known personality disorder test, and aspie quiz, which are nothing like what psychologists use. Ive been to about 20 psychologists and have had excessive testing since I was 4 or 5. This perticular test is an actual psychological test that is used that was created by dr.hare. So in a way its valid, however scoring yourself doesnt concider what other people notice about you that you dont see in yourself. Some people, but not all, do lots of things that they dont notice and over exagerate what they are doing. Psychology is only a matter of theories and opinions that label people when in reality everyone is simply themselves. As for myself I know i have a hodgepog of "symptoms" that dont really add up to anything in perticular, and psychologists have always debated what to label me with although theyve all agreed I have some kind of autistic spectrum disorder with some other stuff mixed in. I dont even care what they want to label me with anymore because Ive come to the conclusion that im just me and 90% of what doctors like to call symptoms dont even bother me and are probablly just how I am, because everyones mental state is simply a mix of genetic and enviromental factors. If this wasnt so then we would all be the same, which would be a boring world indeed. Also a world without a neurodiverse selection of autistics, schizophrenics, psychopaths, ret*ds, epileptics, insominiacs, mulitple personalities, dyslexics, williams syndromers, normies, and every other kind of differance you can imagine would be more dysfunctional than ever because what would the world be without thinking differant.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 10:05 pm

2, maybe (but for totally different reasons). I've known real psychopaths. If you are one then being one doesn't worry you because you have no conscience that would make you care that you are one. I've known two, maybe more. And they are really scary people.

One of them would brag about how many felonies he could commit at once. Like crossing state lines with stolen property to commit statutory rape. My brother would go into a store with him and he would pull crap out of his sleeves after they left. He once showed up and his mom called my mom to tell her he'd stolen her credit card to fly thousands of miles to our place. He lied constantly and pointlessly. Like if you asked him a simple straightforward question he would lie, if you asked more than once it would be a separate lie each time. He had this neverending string of women, usually several at once, sometimes managed to persuade them to leave their husbands for him, stuff like that, but nothing ever lasted long (mostly it was weeks to months) even though he told every single one of them that they were his one true love forever. (Some of them ended up taking out restraining orders on him.) He perfected the image of a sweet somewhat shy but charming guy but it was very calculated (it also worked better when he was younger and had a youthful appearance, later he just began to look as creepy as he'd always been). And he absolutely loved manipulating people and screwing them over. I don't know if he's got a criminal record by now but he ought to if anyone ever caught him. And he would screw over a friend as well as an enemy. But he sees people as fun toys to play with, nothing more. And he does his best to punish any toy that figures him out and walks away (which I did over a decade ago and he still won't leave me alone).

If you're not at least something like that you're probably reading things wrong if you got a high score. Psychopaths don't care about others. Not one whit. I don't mean like autistic distance either. I mean like they treat people the same as pulling the wings off flies, and don't feel a single pang of remorse. They could torture and kill someone and not feel even a little bad. Most of them probably don't kill, but only because they don't want to enough, don't feel like they have to, want to avoid jail or the death penalty, etc. Not because killing is completely wrong. They're really scary though because there's absolutely nothing they wouldn't do if they thought they could get away with it and felt like they wanted to. Nothing.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 10:07 pm

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 10:08 pm

It's the "right" test. They just added the political reference as a silly snub.

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 10:15 pm

Quote:
my roommate took it and got 34. Ill be watching him to make sure he doesnt steal my stuff.

ROFLMAO- your roomie should be watching you too!

I got a 1, on # 13 and really I was pushing that because I felt like I should score something.

PrisonerZero
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Apr 2010, 10:17 pm

Callista wrote:
BTW, the "politically motivated" thing doesn't actually make this a non-legitimate test; these criteria sound very familiar to me and I'm betting they are part of the list that some professional wrote to describe psychopathy...

carltcwc wrote:
Prisoner Zero- the BS statement is not specific to what you're refering to?

I doubted the veracity of test because of the claims on the rest of that site.

But if it's a real test, what is the score for psychopathy? Higher, or lower?

I got 10. I hope that's not a 'bad' score.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 10:21 pm

32 is the cut-off IIRC.

I've been diagnosed with ASPD, so I guess it fits; my ASD hinders my behaviour in many ways. For me though, I lack both types of empathy, which is why I am how I am (I don't care at all how I am, of course).

My father was a psychopath, unhindered.

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2010, 10:22 pm

I supposed I scored high because Ive been in a lot of trouble with the law. I was also always doing stuff i shouldnt as a kid. I probablly had a conduct disorder i grew out of. I also have some of the narcissism traits and also have very little emotion, although i dont fake being emotional. I doubt I lie anymore than the average person (Everyone tells lies at times) and I dont manipulate people. Psychopaths will usually score at least 30. The average person will score 5. narcissists, and people with adhd will score above average. Ive gotten the adhd dx on about ever evaluation ive ever had. I only got the narcissism label once but that may or may not be due to another diagnosis.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 11:07 pm

Seems to me that lots of "delinquent" teens grow out of it, especially if they're primarily thrill-seekers (you know, drugs, shoplifting, that kind of thing). A history of that kind wouldn't worry me too much. I'd stay far, far away from anybody who habitually conned people, hurt other kids, hurt animals, etc., though... Your basic impulsive thrill-seeking party animal might be immature, but he's no psychopath.

I've known one of the real sort, too. It's funny, though; while I was frightened of him while I was living with him, now I just kind of pity him. I mean, what kind of a life can you have when the only way you can conceive of to get ahead is to take advantage of others? It's just so foreign to me, how a person would actually want to live like that, constantly at the mercy of their own desires, no goal but their own pleasure. What is there to life, if that's all there is?

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com