Your life rules / how you live :D

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2010, 7:15 am

I Live By Several Phrases :)

1: If you Disagree With The Way I Act, Or The Way I Am, Grow Up And F*ck Off. Im Not Going To Change For You.

2: Lalif: Laugh At Life, Its Funny (I Saw It On Facebook And It Appeals To Me :) Its True :D I Recieved A Knife Threat Yesterday, Laughed In The Kids Face :D)

3: Im Me. Not Who You Want To Be, Im Not Being Someone Else, If You Change For Me, And Act Different For Someone Else, Suck Out :D

If You Have Any, Whats Yours? :) x

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2010, 8:22 am

1. If you don't like the Mid-60s, than don't look at my clothes, or my hair.

2. Buy plenty of Coke 0 to have on hand, if it's the desire of a cold drink, that makes you crave energy drinks. If you crave something cold and fizzy in the morning, have a Coke 0, before you make yourself a cup of tea, or a pot of coffee.

3. Live your life by the year in your spirit, not by the year on the calendar.

4. Avoid all gambling at all costs.

5. If you're madly obsessed with your favrourite band, dress like the members of that band did, back in the height of their career.

6. If the Olympics are on, stay home and watch TV.

7. Always have a sense of humour about your problems and weaknesses.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2010, 10:20 am

-The Bible (alright, its too long to explain this one :lol:)
-Judge for yourself whether something is appropriate, not by whether or not it is illegal in the country you live in. HOWEVER, it is in your best interest to obey the law whenever you can, as long as when doing so it doesn't contradict with your ethics.

you_are_what_you_is
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2010, 11:17 am

I don't really have any rules, but there are a few things I try to keep in mind. A poster on another board I sometimes use wrote this (it was in response to a question about how to deal with everyday social problems like rejection, disagreement, etc), and it reflects the attitude I take:

Try to get rid of preconceptions you have about how things are "supposed" to be. At any given point, things can only be exactly as they are.

Getting upset now rarely changes things in a way that wouldn't make you upset in the future.

Realize that you can't control most things or other people. If that's the case, it does little good to get upset about it.

Other people do not necessarily share your preconceptions, tastes, etc. It's okay for people to be different than you.

Focus on doing things that you like, being ways that you want to be, and then you'll gain your own approval and not need others' approval. When others judge you negatively then, it's because they haven't dropped their preconceptions and haven't accepted difference. Maybe they never will. Whether they do or not isn't something you can control, so it does no good to get upset about it. Just try to be tolerant, helpful and accepting of them, however they are, as best as you can be. If you just keeping being "authentic", working on realizing what you like, what you think is right, etc., that's enough. Anyone else getting on board then is just a bonus, but not necessary.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2010, 11:25 am

-Don't listen to what others think of you. It's you that has to deal with it, not them.
-If you don't like me, you can f**k off, I'm not changing for your benefit.
-Make as much money as possible.
-Money is more important than anything.
-Do what you find fun, don't do things because others tell you.
-Society is an idiot. Don't listen to it unless you need to for your own purpose.
-Be an outsider to the world, and observe.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2010, 2:00 pm

Life is short. Not original, I'll grant you, but it's true.

The year is still young.

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2010, 2:26 pm

I live by the golden rule, treat others as you yourself would want to be treated.

I also believe there are two sides to every story, and people who want to label one side of society good and another bad are either dumb or lazy.

Last edited by Darkword on 22 Apr 2010, 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppleCat
Toucan
Toucan

22 Apr 2010, 2:59 pm

Life is too short to have regrets - also too long. But, whichever way you look at it, you only get one, so make it count.

"Anger" is one letter short of "Danger".

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2010, 12:46 am

- Try your hardest to avoid skipping medications. It's not worth it.
- If you start feeling sick to your stomach and there isn't a virus going around, it's all in your head, and you're just stressed out.
- Don't explain yourself to family members who don't understand. If they don't know you by now, they'll never really know you.
- You don't need friends or a boyfriend to be happy. They're a lot more trouble than they're worth.
- Your lack of maternal instinct is protection for you. Some people aren't meant to have children, and that's okay.
- Your physical age doesn't match up with your mental/emotional age, and that's okay. You grow at your own pace, not society's.
- Don't try to read so hard into other people's emotions. You'll most likely guess wrong anyway.
- Don't beat yourself up over not being able to have a job or live independently. A lot of people with mental or social disablities live with their parents, and you have to accept that you're one of them.
- Golden Rule: treat others the way you'd want to be treated. That includes listening intently to other people's interests, comforting them when they're sad and acknowledging their accomplishments.
- Don't dedicate yourself to one specific special interest. Your interests have a tendency to change around a bit, so allow yourself some flexibility.
- Take good care of our body, your bedroom and your possessions.

harlequinsenor
Raven
Raven

23 Apr 2010, 1:28 am

I like to imagine myself living by all these great maxims... but then someone looks me in the eye and it means nothing.

French_Lola
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Apr 2010, 3:30 am

Darkword wrote:
I live by the golden rule, treat others as you yourself would want to be treated.

Good one, except the way i want to be treated is the opposite to what others want :lol:

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2010, 7:13 am

1. Try not to kill people.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

spooky13
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Apr 2010, 8:02 am

My signature. :D

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2010, 9:44 am

Ambivalence wrote:
Life is short. Not original, I'll grant you, but it's true.

No, it's the longest thing anyone ever does! :lol:

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2010, 11:30 am

i have couple lines in finnish but they dont make sence as translated so its just
" NEVER f*****g GIVE UP FIGTHING "

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2010, 12:01 pm

I live by a personal Code of Honor.

1, Avoid hurting others as much as necessary. I got this from my martial arts days.

2, Be polite and Gentleman-like. Got this from my Family.

3, At least try to help out a friend when possible. I believe in do unto others as you wish they do unto you.