The Recent updates of City of Heroes / City of Villains

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Daesmodalus
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Apr 2010, 5:51 am

There have been new updates to CoX in the past years.

My Lj entry will cover a fair portion of the details, but be sure to follow the links to get all the info on this event.

My Lj entry on the recent updates on CoX

Mikelight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Apr 2010, 6:48 am

It looks great, I really need to re-sub sometime soon.

Malbred
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 May 2010, 12:29 pm

My friend showed it to me, but I thought it was kind of dumb. I created a super huge, pink hulk looking guy as a rogue -.-" that should not be allowed. Plus there's no armor or weapons other than the skills, so I didn't really care for it.

Mikelight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 May 2010, 7:26 am

Malbred wrote:
My friend showed it to me, but I thought it was kind of dumb. I created a super huge, pink hulk looking guy as a rogue -.-" that should not be allowed. Plus there's no armor or weapons other than the skills, so I didn't really care for it.

These are the things that make it incredible. You can design your super hero or villain any way you choose. There is no gear that makes one character enormously better than another. That means that one player is only better than another if he is actually MORE SKILLED than another. Not because he's been playing longer or has all the best gear. You don't have to grind and raid for eternity just to be powerful in the game. It also means that since no one has incredible gear over another player that no one is going to kick you from a team for not having raided or grinded for 1000 hours on end. Any armor or weapons you use are in the costume creator. You can be any type of character and have access to nearly all the armor and weapons you want. Then there are some you can earn. City of Heroes is probably the best MMO available. Who needs a mount that travels super slow when you can have super speed at lvl 14?