Are people with Aspergers generally happy people?

Page 5 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Jun 2015, 2:46 pm

I defiantly wasn't happy as a kid but I have disabilities besides Aspergers that my family wasn't fully aware of & defiantly did not understand. My parents put pressure on me & school wasn't rite for me. I'm alot happier nowadays sense I moved out of my parents & started living with my girlfriend.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 2:55 pm

I was a very grizzly child. I found it hard to enjoy the things around me. I would find anything to whine about, and I wouldn't wait in queues but I hated walking for too long as well.

Even as a teenager and young adult I used to find myself feeling depressed about things when I was out. Like a few years ago when I went to Cornwall with my mum and my aunt, I was upset because nobody talked to us really, except for one man that was only trying to flirt with my aunt, and I spent the whole vacation dwelling on it, instead of enjoying my time.
But the weather was awful, to be fair. It was late spring but it felt like winter, and sometimes seasonable weather in the spring or summer does affect my mood.

These days I try to be more happy, because I want to be a fun person to be around. Being on antidepressants helps a lot too. My boyfriend says that I'm "easy to please", which is good.

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 2:14 am

No.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 12:21 pm

Oh, was meant to say UNseasonable weather in the spring and summer affect my mood.
Damn predictive text and limited editing time.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 1:29 pm

I am usually genuinely happy. I don't like being very down as then I feel like I'm not productive to society. I always work hardest to do my best in things and that includes working on a good attitude.

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

hilaryy_renee_
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Jun 2015, 1:27 am

I'm generally a happy, positive person. It takes a lot for me to get mad or upset at something and/or someone.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2015, 3:41 pm

I'd say that, generally, I'm a miserable, tortured person. Of course, now that I'm working on eliminating all emotions of anger, hatred, jealousy and ego, I seem to accept my fate much more easily which, in turn, makes me a little happier.