UFO’s & Beings: Extraterrestrial Intelligent Life (POLL)

Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Do you believe intelligent extraterrestrial life forms exists?
Yes, I have a personal account of an experience with outer space beings. 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Yes, I have a personal account of an experience with outer space beings. 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Yes, there is for sure. 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
Yes, there is for sure. 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
Yes, I am fairly sure. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Yes, I am fairly sure. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Yes, the possibilities given the size of the universe denote that it's certain. 22%  22%  [ 12 ]
Yes, the possibilities given the size of the universe denote that it's certain. 22%  22%  [ 12 ]
Not sure, yet a possiblity exist 11%  11%  [ 6 ]
Not sure, yet a possiblity exist 11%  11%  [ 6 ]
No, they do not exist. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, they do not exist. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 54

sc
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2006, 10:42 pm

UFO’s & Space Beings: Extraterrestrial Intelligent Life Forms (POLL)

Topic Starters:

1. Do you believe or think it is fact that aliens have visited the planet earth? Perhaps somehow influencing mankind in some way?

2. Have you ever seen in the skies at night or even in the day UFO’s which defy current technological capabilities known to man? If you have, what do you believe they are?

3. When viewing the television, with proclaimed evidences of both UFO’s and separate space beings, what is your conclusion concerning at this time?

4. Other

----------------------

psych
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2006, 11:15 pm

Ill be brief, because its 5.00am.

Even if a UFO landed outside or an alien came and sat right beside you, the chances are good that most people wouldnt concioussly notice them.

This is because we dont 'see' with our eyes, we 'see' with our brains (the visual cortex). The eyes transmit a 2-dimensional map of a narrow-band of wavelength. The brain processes this information and decodes (from experience) that you can see a road, trees etc and that some things are nearer, others far away.

There was an experiment done on kittens, where they were raised in an artificial environment with no vertical lines - when they grew up and got moved into a normal domestic environment, they kept walking into chair legs and so on. They couldnt see them because they hadnt developed any concept of vertical objects and thus had no expectation of seeing them.

Other animals experience of the visual world is quite different to ours - eg. sometimes you see cats & dogs reacting to invisible things or freezing as if theyd seen a ghost. This might be because they see in a different band of wavelength (ie infra-red, UV or beyond) or it might be they lack the mental conditioning that usually blocks certain things from human perception. Animals have a much stronger connection with a 'collective conciousness' (aka telepathy) which has been lost to most humans for a long time. This network of information would also influence their perception and be likely to influence what phenonema is rendered visible or blocked out.

I think aliens were probably responsible for the flying machines depicted in ancient texts & some of the 'nazca lines' in peru, possibly the ark of the covenant and other anomalies from the ancient world and maybe even the genesis of homo-sapiens by bioengineering extra-terrestial genetics with homo-erectus.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2006, 4:51 am

I'd like to see a precedent of intelligent terrestrial life before I make any such speculations.

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2006, 7:56 am

sc wrote:
UFO’s & Space Beings: Extraterrestrial Intelligent Life Forms (POLL)

Topic Starters:

1. Do you believe or think it is fact that aliens have visited the planet earth? Perhaps somehow influencing mankind in some way?

Its possible. Id say it was far less likely had there been no evidence to suggest that they had. "Greys" are the single most likely form of alien life in the universe, since its the only form we have any sort of evidence of since those were allegedly the bodiesthey found in Roswell, anything else would just be a wild guess.

Quote:
2. Have you ever seen in the skies at night or even in the day UFO’s which defy current technological capabilities known to man? If you have, what do you believe they are?

Im not sure about "which defy the current technological capabilities of man", but EVERYONE has seen U(nudentified) F(lying) O(bject)s at some point or another.

Quote:
3. When viewing the television, with proclaimed evidences of both UFO’s and separate space beings, what is your conclusion concerning at this time?

That there COULD be some truth to it, but its probably just a hoax, people trying to get that little piece of fame.

Quote:
I'd like to see a precedent of intelligent terrestrial life before I make any such speculations.

lmao yeh if theres no intelligent life on Earth, what are the chances there is elsewhere? ^_^;;

Oh, and George Bush is living proof that life on Earth ISNT intelligent :P

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>

sc
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2006, 3:31 pm

Not sure, yet a possibility exist

That's the one I picked..

Critical analysis requires facts, for a subject like this, there are too many veritables, life on earth could have been the perfect circumstances and a universal fluke. Can life exists in other places in the universe, sure, but has that or can that life develop into something somewhat like humans? Possible, yet there is no fact.

The rest is an overactive imagination, to delusional and the rare hallucinations of abduction.

I'd enjoy writting some of my other thoughts concerning, just I don't want to word it yet. It is ideas concerning how it is manifested in possible ways to discount others beliefs concerning.

Project Blue Book

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2006, 4:06 pm

Project Blue Book?

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>

sc
Veteran
Veteran

psych
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2006, 4:22 pm

Analysis of asteroids confirm that other planets are made up of similar stuff to this one. Theres been experiments where they demonstrated that by agitating some basic minerals, over time they would eventually form into more complicated chemical compounds and eventually into the building blocks of basic life-forms.

Therefore mammalian and eventualy humanoid life is very likely to exist anywhere you have a star and planet of similar sizes to ours (gravity/temperature etc). As luck would have it, Alpha Centauri A one of our closest neighbours is almost identical size to our Sun - so 'intelligent life' could be much closer than we think.

Taking all factors into account, its almost inconcievable that there ISNT intelligent life elsewhere.

By 'intelligent life' i mean mammalian/humanoid beings that exist on a similar frequency to our own. Its quite possible there is intelligent life elsewhere in THIS solar system - even though the environment would be hostile to earth creatures and we would probably be unable to percieve them with our senses.

sc
Veteran
Veteran

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2006, 4:27 pm

It seems people on here dont seem to be making the distinction between "intelligent life" and "humanoid life". There is no reason to assume sentience could only come about in a humanoid form.

sc
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2006, 4:37 pm

The differentiation does not reflect an assumption of mine, just a terminology. Some believe in a supernatural world, that in some respects reflects the hidden to the eye concept of intelligent beings presented as a possibility by some. Sort as IF a coexistence is evident, this reflects more so logically as the sub-conscious then any hidden dimension non-geometrically. (of mind)

Without fact, there is no certainty, only assumption and speculation. Life can develop, we are evidence of that, however to the extent it has here is not factual enough evidence of it being elsewhere, only possibilities.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2006, 8:26 pm

You guys are boring.

sc
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2006, 8:41 pm

I have been thinking the last few days, socializing online is becoming boring.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2006, 9:06 pm

I mean what your saying is boring.

sc
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2006, 9:16 pm

Likely why there are not many like me in existence, this world would be very boring. Sort of a joke, yet it is boring and not, to simple.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2006, 9:46 pm

ilikedragons wrote:
I mean what your saying is boring.

it was interesting until you showed up.