Page 1 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 9:35 pm

I sometimes trip over my own 2 feet!! !! !! I tend to always step on uneven ground and almost reinjure my damaged knee I KNOW I'm going to damage it again before I die I just know it!! !!

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 9:51 pm

Serious klutz over here....and I think its genetic because most of my kids are too. I hate it when I trip over nothing or I try to step up or down a step that isnt there. If there is something over my head I will bash my head into it and if there is anything anywhere near my elbows I will hit that as well. I also have the habit of smacking the back of my hand on doorknobs when walking through doorways. Now that I have back problems Im even worse, my pelvis is twisted so know Im kind of like a drunk klutz HAR!

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 9:53 pm

hahahaha two different Avatar avatars!! !! (Avatar and Last Airbender ..... sorry)

I have been known to trip over absolutely nothing!

devark
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 May 2010, 9:57 pm

I drop things and bump into things quite a lot.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 10:15 pm

I've never thought of myself as being clumsy but I've been known to fall over while standing still, walk into people I'm walking with, fall up stairs, and walk into more than my fair share of doors, door frames, and walls.

...maybe I am clumsy. :lol:

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 10:17 pm

pumibel wrote:
hahahaha two different Avatar avatars!! !! (Avatar and Last Airbender ..... sorry)

I have been known to trip over absolutely nothing!

I think its funny too...I eluded to it in another one of zeldapychology's other posts.

Gigi830
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 May 2010, 10:21 pm

I've sent myself to the ER with a concussion. I walked into my own kitchen cupboard door. I was ok, just a mild concussion. I did it again a couple days later 8O but no concussion that time :roll:

I do a lot of little things all day, every day (stubbing toes, burning myself while cooking, walking into walls) but the ER "adventure" was probably the worst. well, either that or the time I hit a parked car because my sis was trying to hand me a soda can while I was driving :oops:

Rhapsody
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 May 2010, 10:26 pm

I'm a regular klutz. I trip over things that aren't there and get caught on things that are. I bump into lots of things and have the awkward tendency to run full tilt into people. I'm also good at tripping down and up stairs. I wish I had better control over my body.

JCpatriots
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 May 2010, 10:35 pm

I just have a tendency to drop things often, even if I'm only carrying a few things. I walk into stuff sometimes. I'm pretty bad, but I suppose at least I don't trip over myself. I tend to always slip on ice, though. :/

I also have terrible balance. I have a disorder called "Meniere's disease", an inner ear disorder which disrupts my balance and hearing. Even before this, my balance was kind of off, never mind after I was diagnosed with this disorder and in the time I noticed it getting even worse.

CanadianRose
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 10:44 pm

I was always a bit awkward. I tended to stumble.

At work, I tend to bump into things and am forever hitting the back of my hand against door knobs.

As I am a nurse, I am very careful to set things up carefully for a dressing change or a patient transfer (using a hydrolic lift) or anything that could possibly cause a patient pain. I am probably one of the gentler nurses because of this awareness.

Of course, as soon as I walk out of their room, I will almost trip over my own shoe :oops:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2010, 11:28 pm

it is a struggle to descend stairs without tripping over my fat feet and falling down upon my rump, and then bouncing down a few stairsteps at least.

hrmpk
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 May 2010, 11:39 pm

Given the opportunity, I always accidentally hit the back of my head on the ceiling.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 12:02 am

I'm good at breaking things (never let me wash up your best china), walking into things and have 2 left feet.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 12:34 am

I'm not very good with my fingers. I fumble and drop things often. Said to be due to the ASD.

My problems with balance and falling over seem to be due to my flatfeet.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 May 2010, 1:09 am

I'm kind of clumsy but some of it is because I don't pay attention well & my vision is kind of bad. I also have a tremor disorder called "Essential Tremors" where I can shake when I'm doing things with fine motor skills, nervous, stressed ect. so I have lots of rezones I could be clumsy & uncoordinated.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 1:30 am

nick007 wrote:
I'm kind of clumsy but some of it is because I don't pay attention well & my vision is kind of bad. I also have a tremor disorder called "Essential Tremors" where I can shake when I'm doing things with fine motor skills, nervous, stressed ect. so I have lots of rezones I could be clumsy & uncoordinated.

some folk with essential or intentional tremors can benefit from small doses of beta blockers.