my 5 year old is drawing people sideways?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

wendigopsychosis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2010, 7:51 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
what is sideways perspective? Types of perspective: one, two, three, zero point, etc. I wish people would take more care over their descriptions that way we have more chance of answering. What I am getting from you description he draws their profile rather than facing the viewer. Is that correct?

After reading this, I re-read the original post and I think you're correct.

If this is the case, then we can stop looking too much into it.

A) this is a child, I doubt he's doing it for deep, meaningful reasons.
B) Profiles are easier to draw for a lot of people (myself included).

Jenvi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 May 2010, 9:19 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
what is sideways perspective? Types of perspective: one, two, three, zero point, etc. I wish people would take more care over their descriptions that way we have more chance of answering. What I am getting from you description he draws their profile rather than facing the viewer. Is that correct?

sorry its kind of hard to describe, it is as if the people are laying down, but they are not since he is only drawing faces

Jenvi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 May 2010, 9:24 pm

wendigopsychosis wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:

After reading this, I re-read the original post and I think you're correct.

If this is the case, then we can stop looking too much into it.

A) this is a child, I doubt he's doing it for deep, meaningful reasons.
B) Profiles are easier to draw for a lot of people (myself included).

no it is not profile perspective. in addition, the rest of his pictures such as fishes, are facing him, they are not sideways, or horizontal should i say.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 6:50 am

Use "projection" rather than perspective to mean point of view. Perspective exists regardless of orientation. I think it is the word perspective that is confusing because this has little to do with perspective clearly.

I don't think we have got to the bottom of this. The fishes are facing him? Fishes are generally quite horizontal humans are predominantly vertical as in tall and thin.

So I gather the faces are drawn turned 90 degrees or so, but what is the point of reference to tell you which way up the paper is? What you are saying is he prefers to draw them that way, then it might be neuromotor related.

Otherwise you could be reading too much into this.

Jenvi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 May 2010, 1:16 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
Use "projection" rather than perspective to mean point of view. Perspective exists regardless of orientation. I think it is the word perspective that is confusing because this has little to do with perspective clearly.

I don't think we have got to the bottom of this. The fishes are facing him? Fishes are generally quite horizontal humans are predominantly vertical as in tall and thin.

So I gather the faces are drawn turned 90 degrees or so, but what is the point of reference to tell you which way up the paper is? What you are saying is he prefers to draw them that way, then it might be neuromotor related.

Otherwise you could be reading too much into this.

the point of reference is his view as he is drawing it, and yes, it is turned 90 degrees. im thinking it might be neuromotor related also.