Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 9:10 pm

Just wanted to apologize for the drama (deleting my posts and getting upset). Ive been under a lot of stress leaving my older kids (one with Aspergers) and moving away to France. My husband is in France now and he has been told that he has been chosen for the job. So he will be the Professor of Genetics *so cool*. We had to move anyway because we were pretty sure that my husbands grants here would be denied for next year....we were right. We had been told that he was wanted for the job but did not have the official news until now so we were prepared to live on unemployment until he found a position. France is the best place for us as my husband is French and we would have medical and more help financially for our kids than if we stayed here. I had back surgery this past September to replace a disk and now we have found that I had an underlying condition called Sacroilliac joint dysfunction (my pelvis is twisted) that more than likely caused the disk ruptures in the first place (my back has been an ongoing problem since I worked as a CNA and picked people up). Im in daily pain and have tried nearly every avenue for relief or some way to "fix" it. I am trying yet another doctor on the 18th as I refuse to roll over and give up. If they cant help me here maybe someone can in France.
Anyway....to make a long story short. Im feeling better now and my older daughter is doing alright and I will take some of the advice I was given originally. I know I have to let her find her way but she does depend on me, maybe too much. I will help but I will only point her in directions or suggest....not push her! If she gets her SSI they can help her to get into school which is what she says she wants. So I will help her fill out her application and the rest will have to be up to her. Lately she has been actually calling me (very unlike her) and last time she was here she hugged me and told me that we need to hug more. She has also asked me for some books on Asperger's. I bought her a couple and I told her she could pick out what she wants.
So today, I guess, my glass is half full or some other rubbish like that :P

Kiley
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 9:49 pm

I'm glad you're doing better and your husband has a great position. When I lived in Michigan we had friends who were geneticists at the University of Michigan. They were really nice people.

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 12:40 am

Thank you Kiley :)

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 12:16 pm

I think you are a wonderful mother and a valuable member of this forum. None of us get it right all the time, that just isn't possible, and you absorb and you listen. I am sorry your family has had so much to deal with lately, and I hope you find the solution for your health problem that you need.