Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DMark
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 May 2010, 9:05 pm

I've always had generally little sensation of hunger, but a year and a half ago I was bulimic for a while, and ever since then I'm pretty much able to starve without noticing. I use it to my advantage. If I eat a really decadent meal then I just eat little to nothing the next day, that way I don't ever have to worry about gaining weight.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 9:34 am

Technikilor wrote:
I usually only remember to eat when I've gone without food for about five hours, or when parents tell me it's time for dinner.

Me too. I eat practically only because mother tells me to.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 9:42 pm

For the past several months I've been taking steroids, so I've been very hungry on them. I've just stopped taking them recently and I'm not so hungry now. I eat less than 1200 calories everyday, I've been keeping track (gained weight with the steroids). But it sounds like I have more of an appetite than the rest of you. I'll go for a while without being hungry, go for a while being hungry. And yeah, I could eat the same things for a long time, but they're all unhealthy so I don't.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 9:53 pm

Me and my mum feels hungry a lot of the times. Not sure if my dad and brother is just not a complainer. I would always grab some crackers to eat while my dad is still cooking dinner and not finished yet. Its so annoying that I always feel hunger. Nope, I haven't done the 30 hour famine before and I can picture myself being extremely hungry and not being able to move around much in the last hours.

Exclavius
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 12:58 am

If busy, hunger is something I can choose to ignore very easy, to the point I essentially do not feel it.
I know it's there, if i think about it, but no, i wouldn't "feel" it.

Eating the same food for weeks on end? Why not, what difference does it make, so long as it's sufficiently healthy, and I at least like the food.
There are foods i don't mind, or can eat now and then, but not every day, but most foods, (what i'd call normal foods, though that doesn't mean much coming from me) i could eat every day for quite some time.

Also, the presence of food does remind me of hunger enough to make me start to feel it. I mean if there is a bowl of chips on the table or something like that.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 1:02 am

I eat unhealthily, but just because that's what I can eat without vomiting.

IamTheWalrus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 May 2010, 2:29 am

Mutt wrote:
Well, I was wondering. Most of the times, I eat due to my parents telling me that it's time to eat, or that I haven't eaten for certain amount of time, and that I should really get some food. If not for them, I believe that I could go days without eating. Also, does anyone get called strange because they're able to eat the same food for days, or weeks without getting tired of it? I actually prefer this, and since the topic's hunger and food...

I must be told to drink.

I will forget about eating when doing more interesting things like being on WP.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 11:28 am

This was a problem for me when younger. I didn't realize the importance of food and would go for hours without eating and then I realized that when I have hunger it can make me very ratty and impatient. So now I realize that I should eat every couple of hours. Yeah I eat the same things too. And I hate going to restaurants.

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 11:31 am

Not much. Sometimes, I forget to eat.

Arminius
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 May 2010, 3:23 pm

I hardly ever feel hunger. The sensation vanished when I was four or five. I kept eating normal-sized portions at the usual times of day and adjusted for growth over the years. Now, a healthy apetiet and a love of foreign food and chocolate and a promise to my mother keep me eating three square meals a day.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2010, 2:15 am

I have the opposite problem - I'm hungry too much. Some days it feels like my stomach is a bottomless pit and I don't feel full no matter how much I eat. This tends to happen especially when I'm under stress or having PMS.