Do you think an aspergers only forum?
Yes 26%  26%  [ 6 ]
No 74%  74%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 23

chaddhuddon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 May 2010, 12:34 am

Do you think there should be a diagnosed aspergers only forum? A place to get opinions from people talking solely or close to solely on experience?

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2010, 12:41 am

Answer to subject title = No

Answer to OP = Yes

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2010, 12:55 am

Impractical; you have no way of verifying dx status. And further discrimination is not the productive approach in my opinion.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

BeauZa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2010, 1:14 am

If you're saying that this site should only go for Aspies, I'd say no because this site doubles very conveniently for NTs who want to learn about the condition and speak to people who are diagnosed with it... buuuuut... if you mean you want a single forum only for Aspies... it might be a good idea. :)

Meta
Toucan
Toucan

16 May 2010, 1:18 am

Also, what would you do with people who are dx'd with HFA? Especially when it's a difference that makes not difference in reality?

In my case my official dx is HFA, but the advice and literature about Asperger is more relevant than anything about (classical) Autism.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2010, 4:53 am

Meta wrote:
Also, what would you do with people who are dx'd with HFA? Especially when it's a difference that makes not difference in reality?

In my case my official dx is HFA, but the advice and literature about Asperger is more relevant than anything about (classical) Autism.

I was just going to ask that.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2010, 7:28 am

The subject is mainly about aspergers but I don't see the harm in NTs joining the forums. :P

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2010, 8:06 am

I prefer having people who are all different. A majority of the people who are NTs that come on here are people who are having similar issues as us, diagnosed or not. If we are helping them by allowing them to be here, then I don't see the harm. As long as no one starts causing trouble or spreading hatered then I don't see a problem (although ironically I find it's mostly the 'diagnosed' people who do that!). Also M (not typing the whole name soz!) is right, it would be impossible to check who is official and who isn't.

chaddhuddon

16 May 2010, 5:05 pm

no im not talking to kick nts off. im suggesting a single topic only for people who put aspergers, diagnosed. just a single topic.

Athenacapella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 May 2010, 7:50 pm

Some people cannot get diagnosed, for a variety of reasons.