Have you ever tried to stop acting like NTs?

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Gimmel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 May 2010, 6:12 pm

I can simulate social skills well enough to blend in* reasonably well, and I enjoy doing that. Social interaction is nice. For a while. After like 2 or 3 months, I burn out, and need to spend a month living like a recluse, barely leaving my apartment.

* into academia, which has it's fair share of goofballs. So what's "normal" there may be "weird" in more narrow-minded circles. But I digress.

willmark
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 7:59 am

Withdrawn wrote:
I have stopped acting like a NT, because it was tiresome doing it.
Now I'm a gaping, non-talking and distant kid who everybody feels sorry for. :?

That must be strange and annoying being made the center of attention like that. I guess this is an attribute of being female. When I was in middle school I had demonstrated above average intelligence on aptitude tests, and my hearing had been screened many times and it was evident that my hearing was well above average, and evidently folks concluded I was just lazy, and was ignoring them, so they fairly much ignored me. You still have people around you who care.

Reckers
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 May 2010, 9:09 am

Gimmel wrote:
I can simulate social skills well enough to blend in* reasonably well, and I enjoy doing that. Social interaction is nice. For a while. After like 2 or 3 months, I burn out, and need to spend a month living like a recluse, barely leaving my apartment.

* into academia, which has it's fair share of goofballs. So what's "normal" there may be "weird" in more narrow-minded circles. But I digress.

I'm similar. I don't enjoy it though and when I get home from work I shut myself away. Luckily, I only work part-time and get a few days to recharge the batteries, so to speak.

Mysty
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 10:48 am

I wouldn't know how to fake being NT. I've enough social skills to generally get along plenty well. I can be adaptable. I can give and take. But I can't fake. Or maybe, I'm just not motivated enough to try. Maybe it's something I've never wanted to learn, so didn't. Instead, I've learned to get along without having to be fake.