Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Are you a bigot?
Yes 19%  19%  [ 11 ]
No 25%  25%  [ 14 ]
Why are you asking this? 19%  19%  [ 11 ]
No, but you are. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
I don't care. 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
We all are. 32%  32%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 57

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,897
Location: Lancashire, UK

23 May 2010, 8:24 pm

Well, are you?



Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2009
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,903

24 May 2010, 1:55 am

Where's the "We all are, but some are more so than others" option?



Epilefftic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 350
Location: Long Island, NY, USA

24 May 2010, 2:17 am

In before Godwin's law.........















Image


_________________
"In the end, Darwin always wins" - Me


ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,870

24 May 2010, 3:21 am

Epilefftic wrote:
In before Godwin's law.........















Image


So awesome, I wonder where 4chan got it from



John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,456
Location: The shooting range

24 May 2010, 3:24 am

ikorack wrote:
Epilefftic wrote:
In before Godwin's law.........

Image


So awesome, I wonder where 4chan got it from



:lmao:

Everyone is bigoted to some degree. I think the worst ones are the people that are too pompous to admit they are no more civilized than the rest of us.


_________________
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."
- Unknown

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud


ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 84
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,502
Location: New Jersey

24 May 2010, 7:23 am

John_Browning wrote:
ikorack wrote:
Epilefftic wrote:
In before Godwin's law.........

Image


So awesome, I wonder where 4chan got it from





Everyone is bigoted to some degree. I think the worst ones are the people that are too pompous to admit they are no more civilized than the rest of us.


A bigot assumes his position prior to the facts. I assume my positions because (therefore after) the facts. You might say that I am post-judiced. If by bigoted you mean someone has reached a conclusion, then we are all bigoted.

I believe in being an equal opportunity offender. I practice insensitivity to all without any regard to race, religion or previous condition of servitude. If you need a friend, get a dog. Don't come to me.l

ruveyn



Last edited by ruveyn on 24 May 2010, 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Aug 2008
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,003
Location: australia

24 May 2010, 7:51 am

i am called a bigot because i am not homosexual.
when people try to describe to me the "pleasures" of homosexuality, i tell them that i find the thought distasteful. so i am a bigot.

i am called a bigot because i do not like the smell of lebanese casseroles wafting down some streets i enter. it is not cullinarily pleasant to smell offal and spices like aniseed, so i am a bigot.

i am called a bigot because i do not understand why some poor people hate rich people so much that they think it ok to steal from them and punch them.

i am called a bigot for so many reasons.

if there is anything about any minority group that i do not agree is to my taste, then i am a bigot.

aborigines like eating witchety grubs, and some asians like to eat fried spiders. if i express my disgust in my own personal imagination of eating these things i am a bigot.

some people are very irritable when they are not completely agreed with, and if i show i do not like what they like i am a racist or a homophobic etc.

i was in a bar once where a man came and sat at my table and he tried to "pick me up".
i told him i was not interested in men, and he asked "why?".
me: i do not like the look of them sexually.
him: oh but give it a chance.
me: you put your thing in backsides don't you?
him: yes?!?! but it is highly satisfying!
me: i think it is dirty.
him: no it's not dirty. it is an expression of love.
me: oh goodness please?!?
the conversation went on and eventually he said...

him: you are not a very nice person mr. if you can't see what love is all about then i am sorry for you.
me: i do not want to ram my thing in someones backside if i love them. it is disgusting.
him: god you are a bigotted ignoramus!! how dare you!
me: i am an ignore anus!! please go away?

he was a sick minded person and most would not persist with me after i showed disinterest, but he is a prime example of those that run around with bigot stickers, aching to thump them on to anyone who is not the same way they are.


anyway, they think if they can not convince me that what they live is the life for me, then i am evil and lowly.

bugger that.



AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jan 2008
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,001
Location: The Landmass between N.O. and Mobile

24 May 2010, 8:12 am

b9 wrote:
i am called a bigot because i am not homosexual.
when people try to describe to me the "pleasures" of homosexuality, i tell them that i find the thought distasteful. so i am a bigot.

i am called a bigot because i do not like the smell of lebanese casseroles wafting down some streets i enter. it is not cullinarily pleasant to smell offal and spices like aniseed, so i am a bigot.

i am called a bigot because i do not understand why some poor people hate rich people so much that they think it ok to steal from them and punch them.

i am called a bigot for so many reasons.

if there is anything about any minority group that i do not agree is to my taste, then i am a bigot.

aborigines like eating witchety grubs, and some asians like to eat fried spiders. if i express my disgust in my own personal imagination of eating these things i am a bigot.

some people are very irritable when they are not completely agreed with, and if i show i do not like what they like i am a racist or a homophobic etc.

i was in a bar once where a man came and sat at my table and he tried to "pick me up".
i told him i was not interested in men, and he asked "why?".
me: i do not like the look of them sexually.
him: oh but give it a chance.
me: you put your thing in backsides don't you?
him: yes?!?! but it is highly satisfying!
me: i think it is dirty.
him: no it's not dirty. it is an expression of love.
me: oh goodness please?!?
the conversation went on and eventually he said...

him: you are not a very nice person mr. if you can't see what love is all about then i am sorry for you.
me: i do not want to ram my thing in someones backside if i love them. it is disgusting.
him: god you are a bigotted ignoramus!! how dare you!
me: i am an ignore anus!! please go away?

he was a sick minded person and most would not persist with me after i showed disinterest, but he is a prime example of those that run around with bigot stickers, aching to thump them on to anyone who is not the same way they are.


anyway, they think if they can not convince me that what they live is the life for me, then i am evil and lowly.

bugger that.


I've NEVER understood that attitude. Here's another: In the US, we are guaranteed the right to religion, freedom of expression/speech, and so on.

But if we speak out against something based on religious feeling and someone is offended by it, that makes us a "hate group." I don't personally think I could ever do this, but what's going to be interesting in the future is when members of a group with what amounts to a "protected status" get hauled into court on civil rights violation for attempting to suppress a person's right to free speech and religion.



Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Aug 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,518
Location: Room 101

24 May 2010, 9:00 am

ruveyn wrote:
I believe in being an equal opportunity offender. I practice insensitivity to all without any regard to race, religion or previous condition of servitude. If you need a friend, get a dog. Don't come to me.l

Exactly. I don't discriminate; I hate everyone.


_________________
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH


zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Mar 2009
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,612

24 May 2010, 9:17 am

I said "yes" before I realized I could say we all are.

Prejudice = bigotry.

No matter what you call it, we all are bigots in one way or another. It's just that some do better than others at managing it.



Exclavius
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 May 2010
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 632
Location: Ontario, Canada

24 May 2010, 1:28 pm

Heh... I'm a bigot, and proud of it.

I hate anyone who is guilty of hate speech/literature/crime.

Some who have posted have had real hard time understanding what hate speech is... well, here it is... simply described... by example..

I hate niggers <nothing wrong with it>
Black people should all go elsewhere <hate speech>

derogatory terms used the way they are for reason.
no matter how bad you flame the person, there's nothing wrong with it...
it's only when you try to either a) take away their right to be/think/do etc, or b) imply that a) should be done.

You have all the right in the world to hate the smell of aniseed.
You have all the right in the world to hate homosexuality.

But if you take the stance that homosexuality or aniseed should be outlawed BECAUSE you don't like it...
That is when you're a bigot.

In reality, hate-speech laws are, in and of themselves, hate-speech.
They are intended to stop people from doing something which is congruent with the law itself.
Regardless, i'll accept that one single limitation so that I have the right to do what I want, (so long as it doesn't limit another person's right to do the same) regardless of what you feel about that thing.

The only problem with Hate-speech laws, is that they give religions an out... after all, we all know that religions are founded upon hate, so if they're to be allowed to exist.. they have to have an exemption, heck, the Bible, Torah, Quaran etc would all be illegal otherwise... And those groups prop up 90% of world governments.

So.. I feel that I'm justified to spew hate speech against groups who are explicitly exempt from hate speech laws.
That makes me a bigot, and i'm proud of it!



Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Oct 2006
Age: 71
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,051

25 May 2010, 1:40 am

Only whites can be bigots.

In schools, universities and the workplace you can talk about black pride or gay pride or female pride or Mexican pride. (La Raza = The Race)

Everyone is allowed to form groups and have "pride" except white males.

If you even mention the subject then you are a bigoted Nazi Klansman who should be fired from your job and driven out of town.

Here's another thing to think about.
If you say anything against Jews or Israel then you are "anti Semitic"

Semitic does NOT mean Jewish. It means the people of a certain language group which includes the Palestinians.

So if I say anything against Palestinians am I being "Anti Semitic"?

Most Jews seem to want to have it both ways. Either you are "white" (European) or you are Middle Eastern (Semitic)

You can't be both at the same time.



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 84
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,502
Location: New Jersey

25 May 2010, 6:05 am

Wombat wrote:
Only whites can be bigots.

In schools, universities and the workplace you can talk about black pride or gay pride or female pride or Mexican pride. (La Raza = The Race)

Everyone is allowed to form groups and have "pride" except white males.

If you even mention the subject then you are a bigoted Nazi Klansman who should be fired from your job and driven out of town.

Here's another thing to think about.
If you say anything against Jews or Israel then you are "anti Semitic"

Semitic does NOT mean Jewish. It means the people of a certain language group which includes the Palestinians.

So if I say anything against Palestinians am I being "Anti Semitic"?

Most Jews seem to want to have it both ways. Either you are "white" (European) or you are Middle Eastern (Semitic)

You can't be both at the same time.


I have been a (racially) Caucasian male all my life. I have been Jewish from the age of 8 days.

Many are both. I consider being Caucasian an accident and being Jewish my good fortune. I had the right parents.

ruveyn



Last edited by ruveyn on 25 May 2010, 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,046
Location: Missouri

25 May 2010, 7:19 am

Most men in general are bigots.


_________________
I live as I choose or I will not live at all.
~Delores O’Riordan


ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 84
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,502
Location: New Jersey

25 May 2010, 8:19 am

Of course. And so are you.

ruveyn



MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,046
Location: Missouri

25 May 2010, 8:26 am

ruveyn wrote:
Of course. And so are you.

ruveyn


Ha I was being ironic but smart reply.


_________________
I live as I choose or I will not live at all.
~Delores O’Riordan