Are you a minimalist in terms of lifestyle?

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Skilpadde
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Apr 2019, 1:36 am

Not in the least.

I like physical copies of video games, DVDs and books, plus other collections and plenty of other stuff as well. I absolutely do not hate having stuff, and there is no lack of more stuff I want either! :mrgreen:

Everyone thinks they have the best dog.
And none of them are wrong.
W.R. Purche

“When the green hills are covered with talking wires and the wolves no longer sing, what good will the money you paid for our land be then”
― Chief Seattle

domineekee
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2019, 2:53 am

I can just about cram everything that I own into/onto a small car, apart from my caravan (trailer). Other than my 3 bicycles, it's mostly clothes, bags, camping gear and a few tools.

This is the most stuff I've had at one time. In the past I would try not to accumulate more things than would fit in the back of a car.

JonWood007
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Apr 2019, 6:37 pm

In a way. I don't value conspicuous consumption or materialism for its own sake. I'm happy just to have what I need to sustain my life and advance my interests and little more. I feel like a lot of nts consume just so they can brag to other nts that they can.

RDOS: NT- 93, ND- 119

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 7:23 pm

johnny_the_greek wrote:
Are you or have you ever been a minimalist? By that I mean do you hate owning many material things and would you prefer to live in a minimalist house that has only the bare essentials and things that are affiliated with your special interests (for example, CDs, DVDs, etc.)?

I was a collector, but I was always happy to keep to myself and not get involved in social events...
I was never really interested in travelling or joining a hobby group social causes...
I enjoy my own company, like most autistics...
So yeah, pretty minimalistic...

Autistic/scout motto: "Give me a better argument and I will listen..."
"Honesty is not a social duty, not a sacrifice for the sake of others, but the most profoundly selfish virtue man can practice: his refusal to sacrifice the reality of his own existence to the deluded consciousness of others."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8) I'm a rationalist...Deal with it...:mrgreen:

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 2:53 pm

JonWood007 wrote:
In a way. I don't value conspicuous consumption or materialism for its own sake. I'm happy just to have what I need to sustain my life and advance my interests and little more. I feel like a lot of nts consume just so they can brag to other nts that they can.

YES!!

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 9:06 pm

I wish...

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 9:46 pm

Definitely.

I minimize possessions because I know I can't control the mess if I have a lot of stuff.

Also, I just prefer a simple style. Simple colors, lines, etc. Rather Japanese.

Also regarding spending. For me, a phone, a computer, a shoe, a car, a jacket is just a tool. I want a tool with good quality and reasonable price. Prestige brands mean nothing to me.