Are you a minimalist in terms of lifestyle?

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

JonWood007
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Apr 2019, 6:37 pm

In a way. I don't value conspicuous consumption or materialism for its own sake. I'm happy just to have what I need to sustain my life and advance my interests and little more. I feel like a lot of nts consume just so they can brag to other nts that they can.

RDOS: NT- 93, ND- 119

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 7:23 pm

johnny_the_greek wrote:
Are you or have you ever been a minimalist? By that I mean do you hate owning many material things and would you prefer to live in a minimalist house that has only the bare essentials and things that are affiliated with your special interests (for example, CDs, DVDs, etc.)?

I was a collector, but I was always happy to keep to myself and not get involved in social events...
I was never really interested in travelling or joining a hobby group social causes...
I enjoy my own company, like most autistics...
So yeah, pretty minimalistic...

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."

Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

THERE WILL BE NO COUP IN AMERICA!

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 2:53 pm

JonWood007 wrote:
In a way. I don't value conspicuous consumption or materialism for its own sake. I'm happy just to have what I need to sustain my life and advance my interests and little more. I feel like a lot of nts consume just so they can brag to other nts that they can.

YES!!

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 9:06 pm

I wish...

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 9:46 pm

Definitely.

I minimize possessions because I know I can't control the mess if I have a lot of stuff.

Also, I just prefer a simple style. Simple colors, lines, etc. Rather Japanese.

Also regarding spending. For me, a phone, a computer, a shoe, a car, a jacket is just a tool. I want a tool with good quality and reasonable price. Prestige brands mean nothing to me.