Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

melbi
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 10:32 pm

got abused by one of the senior student in uni....quite upset at the moment...
i want to punch her nose, boobs, and kick her arse... and knock all her teeth out...

8O 8O 8O since when im so violent 8O 8O 8O

I always get really angry and violent inside when I got bullied...
She's graduating in 6 months...at least 6 months later I won't see her again EVER (hopefully)

Anyone else get abused in uni? I thought bullying is something that only happen in school... but I still get abused... :( can't believe this....! !!

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 10:47 pm

melbi wrote:
Anyone else get abused in uni?

Lots.

Quote:
I thought bullying is something that only happen in school... but I still get abused... :( can't believe this....! !!

No, abuse still happens in uni and later in the workplace. People just get better at the abuse and better at not getting caught and there's a lot more denial of it happening than there is in school.

So sorry it happened to you!

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

druidsbird
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 12:31 am

Sparrowrose wrote:
No, abuse still happens in uni and later in the workplace. People just get better at the abuse and better at not getting caught and there's a lot more denial of it happening than there is in school.

QFT.

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 12:50 am

The nice thing about college is the freedom. You can walk around them, or leave. If they try to block you, that's sexual harassment. :wink:

I know this because that ultimately helped me get this one moron out of my life. I hadn't even thought of it at the time. But his parents had thought he was afraid of me... surprise!

But they do not have me

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 3:14 am

This is why they need to allow college students to carry weapons.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 3:25 am

PunkyKat wrote:
This is why they need to allow college students to carry weapons.

That wouldn't do me any good for bullying because I'm not going to shoot someone for injuring me with their words and actions. I'm only going to shoot someone if I perceive my life to be in danger and university bullies (at least at my university) are too clever to go that far. The most physical it's gotten is someone pretending they were going to punch me but stopping their fist before actually touching me. While that is assault in this state, it's not sufficient cause to resort to lethal force.

Anyway, I'm in Idaho. Universities here can tell us not to bring weapons but they are violating the state constitution. I would rather not be the test case because I don't need the added stress, but I have been assured by a lawyer that it is legal for any student with a conceal carry permit to bring their firearms on campus. And I can guarantee that many of our students are, in fact, armed. It makes me feel safe to know that.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 5:46 am

melbi wrote:
got abused by one of the senior student in uni....quite upset at the moment...
i want to punch her nose, boobs, and kick her arse... and knock all her teeth out...

8O 8O 8O since when im so violent 8O 8O 8O

I always get really angry and violent inside when I got bullied...
She's graduating in 6 months...at least 6 months later I won't see her again EVER (hopefully)

Anyone else get abused in uni? I thought bullying is something that only happen in school... but I still get abused... :( can't believe this....! !!

How did she abuse you? I'm not trying to pry, but you could report her to the college. If they find you have a case, she could be suspended from college and not allowed to sit her exams/graduate. It would depend on how serious her actions were though.

I'm a big believer in karma. I'm not spiritualistic at all, but I find it helps me let go of anger and past injustice by believing what goes around comes around. Quite often it does.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 6:48 am

melbi wrote:
got abused by one of the senior student in uni....

Do you mean a TA? Well, some TAs in my university are nice while others are jerks. I remember I wrote a really crappy lab report and as soon as I gave it to one of the TAs, she said out loud "wow, only 2 sheets of paper." There was also another student there while she was laughing out loud. I'm glad the other student was like "maybe it has really good quality." They have no right to point out to others how my lab report was a short one. Oh, I was at a distance packing up to leave the classroom so the TAs might have not known that I heard them say it.

Kat15
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 11:03 pm

Im sorry but what is "uni"? is it university, as in a college...?

Well, it depends on what "abuse" she did to you, if it was sexual abuse, report her to the police. Emotional/physical abuse report her to the college. If the damage is severe enough I think you could contact the police.

Im sorry that happend to you.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 6:52 am

Kat15 wrote:
Im sorry but what is "uni"? is it university, as in a college...?

Well, it depends on what "abuse" she did to you, if it was sexual abuse, report her to the police. Emotional/physical abuse report her to the college. If the damage is severe enough I think you could contact the police.

Im sorry that happend to you.

"Uni" stands for university. I think it's classed as the equivalent to an American college. (18 years +). :)

I agree though don't let her get away with it. Report her.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

nere-chan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Jun 2010, 10:30 am

One should expect jerks mature before going to university, but it seems that some don't. I don't know what kind of abuse do you suffer but I would report her if I had proofs, because it's unfair you have to suffer and she gets away without punishment. It's your choice, but I think you should do what you regret less, and maybe if you don't report her she will go away and you will forget her or maybe you don't.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 6:40 pm

gemstone123 wrote:
"Uni" stands for university. I think it's classed as the equivalent to an American college. (18 years +).

In England, "college" means something roughly equivalent to high school in the united states. So British speakers/writers will talk about going to university. Uni is just shorter to type.

Technically, the equivalent in the United States is also university. We (United Statesians) tend to get sloppy with our use of the word "college" and use it in a more colloquial sense to mean the same thing as university.

Technically, in the United States, "college" means one of two things: a two-year school (i.e. "community college") or a sub-grouping within a university (e.g. "College of Arts and Sciences"). In the United States, a "university" is a four-year (or beyond) educational institution attended after high school (generally 18+)

But, as we all know, most people (myself included, though I try) don't use language in a technical manner. :-)

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 6:43 pm

nere-chan wrote:
One should expect jerks mature before going to university, but it seems that some don't. I don't know what kind of abuse do you suffer but I would report her if I had proofs, because it's unfair you have to suffer and she gets away without punishment. It's your choice, but I think you should do what you regret less, and maybe if you don't report her she will go away and you will forget her or maybe you don't.

One thing that happens is that jerks become more skilled at abuse by the time they hit uni. I was repeatedly verbally abused by a professor but I couldn't report her because if I gave her words, they were reasonable. It was the way she used her words that was abusive and I didn't feel up to trying to prove tone of voice and intent when the words themselves were perfectly innocent. It's a well-developed skill and one that I doubt I would ever be able to develop myself (not that I want to, mind you. Just that I lack some element of social sophistication that is required for that sort of verbal abuse.)