Mercury poisoning. For all you extremly mild mild Aspies.

Page 4 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 2:43 pm

jametto wrote:
Shebakoby wrote:
jametto wrote:
StuartN wrote:
jametto wrote:
If anything it strengthens my theory. If mercury was not found in hair then that means it is not being flushed out by glutathione, meaning glutathione deficiency.
Or it could mean the individual is not Mercury poisoned, which is why this crap proves nothing.

This is just silly - whatever test, experiment or study is presented, you modify your argument to say that it is the "wrong" test, but you can not present the results of the "right" test. What magical test does work? A test sold by the same frauds that sell the magical bath clay? (For anyone who is genuinely interested in the science, here is an expose of the tests sold by these charlatans http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... rview.html, as well as various other "detoxification" schemes and scams).

What you need to do is to divide one of your magical bath cleansers in two, run two baths, bathe in one but not the other, and then have the bath scum from both baths analysed. I will be very impressed if the scum from the bath you were in contains any more mercury than the scum from the bath you were not in.

NB: These same scam artists prey on people with multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's and Lou Gehrig's, but they adore the parents of children with autism. These scam artists do serious damage with some of their ineffective, but harmful, therapies.

Examination of fat cells in autistic patients as that's where all the mercury ends up. It is also stressed that mercury is not magically spread consistently through every fat cell so the sample examined may not contain mercury, Therefore a large scale study is required.

OK so where are these tests that supposedly show mercury in ANY fat cells at all? If that's where the mercury ends up it is not affecting the brain!

It's also stored in organs and other tissues, but you can't really pull them out of someone to test. I can't remember 100% but I read it accumilates exponentially in the thyroid too.

...that doesn't make any sense. And if it doesn't make sense, it's not true.

jametto
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jun 2010, 2:45 pm

Shebakoby wrote:
jametto wrote:
Shebakoby wrote:
jametto wrote:
StuartN wrote:
jametto wrote:
If anything it strengthens my theory. If mercury was not found in hair then that means it is not being flushed out by glutathione, meaning glutathione deficiency.
Or it could mean the individual is not Mercury poisoned, which is why this crap proves nothing.

This is just silly - whatever test, experiment or study is presented, you modify your argument to say that it is the "wrong" test, but you can not present the results of the "right" test. What magical test does work? A test sold by the same frauds that sell the magical bath clay? (For anyone who is genuinely interested in the science, here is an expose of the tests sold by these charlatans http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... rview.html, as well as various other "detoxification" schemes and scams).

What you need to do is to divide one of your magical bath cleansers in two, run two baths, bathe in one but not the other, and then have the bath scum from both baths analysed. I will be very impressed if the scum from the bath you were in contains any more mercury than the scum from the bath you were not in.

NB: These same scam artists prey on people with multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's and Lou Gehrig's, but they adore the parents of children with autism. These scam artists do serious damage with some of their ineffective, but harmful, therapies.

Examination of fat cells in autistic patients as that's where all the mercury ends up. It is also stressed that mercury is not magically spread consistently through every fat cell so the sample examined may not contain mercury, Therefore a large scale study is required.

OK so where are these tests that supposedly show mercury in ANY fat cells at all? If that's where the mercury ends up it is not affecting the brain!

It's also stored in organs and other tissues, but you can't really pull them out of someone to test. I can't remember 100% but I read it accumilates exponentially in the thyroid too.

...that doesn't make any sense. And if it doesn't make sense, it's not true.

If you goolge mercury stored in tissues, and organs I think you'll find it is.

"Mercury (especially mercury vapor or organic mercury) rapidly crosses the blood-brain barrier and is stored preferentially in the pituitary gland,"
If you want something more credible look yourself or give me some more time. But there's 1000 of pages saying it is stored in tissues.
But it's common knowledge in the medical community that mercury is stored in tissues.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 2:57 pm

jametto wrote:
If you breathe it in you get a giant headspin.

If by "headspin" you mean vertigo, the same thing happened to me. For a month, I ate a couple of cans of tuna daily because it's a low fat, healthy food. It's also really inexpensive. I thought the talk of mercury in tuna was just media hype and it was nbd. After about a month of eating it nearly every day, I started waking up with this horrible vertigo. It was just so weird. It would happen about five in the morning. I first noticed it after eating a tuna salad sandwich before bed. I woke up that night extremely dizzy, so much it was unnerving. I closed my eyes, hoped it'd go away and went back to sleep. I know about inner ear infections and wondered if it were due to that.
I ate some more of the tuna the following days and the vertigo wasn't going away on it's own. I rolled on my side in bed one night and it was like the verticle hold on a television was flipping. That's the way the room looked. I wondered, at that point, if the tuna was causing it. I decided to stop eating it and eat chicken and salmon instead.

After I stopped eating it ( I even threw the remaining cans of Chicken Of The Sea in the trash) the vertigo subsided. Now I don't experience it at all.

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 3:58 pm

jametto wrote:

Google != Science

Give me a paper showing that there is excess mercury in my fat cells, or that I have any glutathione anomalies.

Honestly, I don't mind at all what beliefs and theories people find comfortable or useful. I do mind theories that generate fear and that are used to extract (large amounts of) money from vulnerable people, and I do mind theories that promote harmful treatments - such as, for example, the chelation therapy that is the natural progression from magical baths.

redwulf25_ci
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jun 2010, 6:29 pm

jametto wrote:
Those studies all prove my point! Since they didn't find mercury that means the mercury isn't being flushed out meaning a lack of glutathione!! !! !! ! :o

These sticks I'm banging together keep tigers away. The only tigers left in Michigan are in cages so they can't run away from the sound of the sticks. See how well they work?

Last edited by redwulf25_ci on 05 Jun 2010, 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Francis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 7:26 pm

I'm old.

I was autistic before mercury was added to vaccines. I was autistic before I even had my vaccines.

Next theory about my AS please, because that one is 5 years off.

If you think a magnet bath can remove mercury, I have special magnetic tonic you might be interested in drinking too. It's only $50 dollars a bottle. Please send me the money and I'll send the tonic.

jametto
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jun 2010, 2:10 am

redwulf25_ci wrote:
jametto wrote:
Those studies all prove my point! Since they didn't find mercury that means the mercury isn't being flushed out meaning a lack of glutathione!! !! !! ! :o

These sticks I'm banging together keep tigers away. The only tigers left in Michigan are in cages so they can't run away from the sound of the sticks. See how well they work?

I was being sarcastically ignorant to make fun of his extreme ignorance.

jametto
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jun 2010, 2:19 am

StuartN wrote:
jametto wrote:

Google != Science

Give me a paper showing that there is excess mercury in my fat cells, or that I have any glutathione anomalies.

Honestly, I don't mind at all what beliefs and theories people find comfortable or useful. I do mind theories that generate fear and that are used to extract (large amounts of) money from vulnerable people, and I do mind theories that promote harmful treatments - such as, for example, the chelation therapy that is the natural progression from magical baths.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/57380.php

http://www.autismcoach.com/Glutathione%20Research.htm

And there isn't one study regarding mercury on fat cells, which I've said already.

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 4:19 pm

jametto wrote:
liloleme wrote:
Even if you were "poisoned" by mercury or some other heavy metal like "lead" it would make you severely brain damaged, and unable to learn. I should hope that we all know that this is not what Autism is!

I'm sorry but that is what autism is.

Mercury attaches to the left cerebral cortex and hypothalamus.

MRI has shown the left cerebral cortex is one of the major damaged parts of the brain when it comes to autism.

The hypothalamus creates oxytocin, when mercury contaminates it, it inhibits oxytocin. Autistics are deficient in oxytocin, which is responsible for the lack of empathy and social impairments.

They are currenlty making oxytocin nasal sprays as a treatment for autism.

:lol: ....whatever!
I decided to look up mercury poisoning on youtube...most of it made me laugh. My husband is a biologist and I have worked in the medical field for 12 years...I dont just look up stupid crap on the internet, Im well schooled in heavy metals poisoning and I also know a lot about the hormone oxytocin as I have had 5 children myself and worked in OB/GYN. People need to get over the insane idea that the government is trying to harm us or kill us. There is heavy metals poisoning, it does happen but it does not present itself as typical or Kanner Autism and certainly not as Aspergers. First, after Mercury poisoning you have not only neurological changes but also your skin peels, hair falls out, fingernails and your organs are also affected. The ones who survive are left with brain damage.
Also the reason they are making the oxytocin spray is to help with mainly with anxiety and it could help with emotion and trust. It gives you a sort of euphoric feeling. I know this feeling well as I breastfed all of my kids and it is released during breastfeeding. Also men do not excrete oxytocin at any time other than ejaculation. It is also released during sexual excitement in women. Its not as though its an important missing key to fixing Autistic behaviors. Actually high doses of it might impair judgement and cause people to behave inappropriately. They just recently started using the synthetic form and it is not that well studied.
Also, just to add...they did make a synthetic form of Oxytocin many years ago called Pitocin to induce labor. Just like many hormones that are synthetic they do not work as well as the real thing. I had pitocin used on me and my labor was very hard and far more painful than natural childbirth....there are also many women who have suffered complications due to the use of pitocin.

Last edited by liloleme on 05 Jun 2010, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 4:22 pm

There are no links between mercury and autism.

It is true however that mercury poisoning and autism have some few symptoms in common. This is by far not the first occurrence of two completely different things having symptoms in common.

No, vaccines don't cause such poisoning (duh) There are already countless and countless of studies that have proved so. The only reason people still push for that old song is to sell "alternative" therapies for autism that do not work, are dangerous and extremely expensive.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 7:10 pm

Further, in the scientific community (as opposed to the pseudoscientific community), the word "theory" has a specific meaning. A theory is an idea which is backed up by observable facts and/or replicable experiments. If you cannot prove your "theory", it isn't a theory - it's a hypothesis, which is science-speak for "wild-a$$ guess."

Mercury can't be drawn out by "magnetic baths" - its magnetic moment is so tiny that it wasn't even possible to demonstrate it until 2005. It simply cannot remain ionized long enough to be "drawn out" by a magnetic field. That's not a matter of "I thought about it, and this is what came into my head" - this is a matter of the laws of chemistry and physics.

And the series of hypotheses about mercury storage is just dizzying - it's in fat! No, it's in brain tissue! Okay, just the left parietal lobe! (And how the mercury, a chemical element, is supposed to know the left parietal lobe from any other stretch of gray matter is left unexplained...) Now, it does seem to store itself in the pituitary gland - but last I checked, there was absolutely no correlation between autism and pituitary function. None.

Now, can we please stop trying to pass off wild guesses, bad pseudoscience, and the famed psychological phenomenon of the "placebo effect" as having greater value than the actual study of medicine?

jametto
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jun 2010, 11:51 am

liloleme wrote:
jametto wrote:
liloleme wrote:
Even if you were "poisoned" by mercury or some other heavy metal like "lead" it would make you severely brain damaged, and unable to learn. I should hope that we all know that this is not what Autism is!

I'm sorry but that is what autism is.

Mercury attaches to the left cerebral cortex and hypothalamus.

MRI has shown the left cerebral cortex is one of the major damaged parts of the brain when it comes to autism.

The hypothalamus creates oxytocin, when mercury contaminates it, it inhibits oxytocin. Autistics are deficient in oxytocin, which is responsible for the lack of empathy and social impairments.

They are currenlty making oxytocin nasal sprays as a treatment for autism.

:lol: ....whatever!
I decided to look up mercury poisoning on youtube...most of it made me laugh. My husband is a biologist and I have worked in the medical field for 12 years...I dont just look up stupid crap on the internet, Im well schooled in heavy metals poisoning and I also know a lot about the hormone oxytocin as I have had 5 children myself and worked in OB/GYN. People need to get over the insane idea that the government is trying to harm us or kill us. There is heavy metals poisoning, it does happen but it does not present itself as typical or Kanner Autism and certainly not as Aspergers. First, after Mercury poisoning you have not only neurological changes but also your skin peels, hair falls out, fingernails and your organs are also affected. The ones who survive are left with brain damage.
Also the reason they are making the oxytocin spray is to help with mainly with anxiety and it could help with emotion and trust. It gives you a sort of euphoric feeling. I know this feeling well as I breastfed all of my kids and it is released during breastfeeding. Also men do not excrete oxytocin at any time other than ejaculation. It is also released during sexual excitement in women. Its not as though its an important missing key to fixing Autistic behaviors. Actually high doses of it might impair judgement and cause people to behave inappropriately. They just recently started using the synthetic form and it is not that well studied.
Also, just to add...they did make a synthetic form of Oxytocin many years ago called Pitocin to induce labor. Just like many hormones that are synthetic they do not work as well as the real thing. I had pitocin used on me and my labor was very hard and far more painful than natural childbirth....there are also many women who have suffered complications due to the use of pitocin.

1. Yet you're another twat who has decided just to read the thread title and jump in, Like I've said over and over in separate posts. IM NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT TYPE OF MERCURY POISONING. Get that through your head (if that's actually possible) as everyone seems incapable of grasping that concept.

2. That's not what I'm saying at all, again the MMR vaccine is negligible, everyone seems to think that's the only way an individual can come into contact with mercury.
As you're a medical professional then I'd assume you can agree to the fact that with a glutathione deficiency, mercury in old paint, air, mothers breast milk are all sufficient enough to cause poisoning, I'm not talking about MMR vaccines or fish or nay large toxic amount.

You all keep telling me there's no link in vaccines, fish, amalgam fillings or anything else that contains a LARGE toxic amount. I'm not talking about that at all. You are and that's because you're all failing to acknowledge that I'm not talking about....i'll even bold and underline it for you it for you... wait for it:

IM NOT TALKING ABOUT MERCURY POISONING CAUSED MY A TOXIC AMOUNT. I'M TALKING ABOUT MINISCULE AMOUNTS ACCUMILATING OVER THE YEARS,

ITS NOT THE SAME TYPE POISONING

It doesn't have to be something that contains a lot of mercury yet you pinheads (sorry but after explaining the same thing 100 times I get frustrated) seem to ASSUME it does.

3. Mercury poisoning is only 1 part of it, that's why traditional mercury poisoning and kanners/AS have differences and again it's not the same type of poisoning. Lack of glutathione is the difference and that also serves other functions than just flushing out metals. If you're not glutathione deficient and can flush it out, then it doesn't get into tissues and organs, so it doesn't interfere with enzymes, hormones/whatever. They are 2 types each giving different symptoms.

4. Skin peeling and hair falling out. Again you're talking about normal mercury poisoning, the mercury cannot even make it to the hair/skin as your body cannot excrete it due to lack of glutathione.

Can you please read what I'm debating about before you all get on your high horses and argue against me with information that applies to a different type of mercury poisoning.
I'm fed up of repeating myself.

There are 2 types this is proven. The main one = toxicity in a large amount. The other one = lack of glutathione. Which is the autistic type (theory)

I apologise for being so harsh but then again I don't. Having to explain to 10 different people that they're not talking about the same thing as I am yet still intend on arguing with me gets incredibly frustrating. It's like talking to every brick wall on the planet.

I don't think one person in this thread has any idea what I'm on about.

IM TALKING ABOUT MERCURY POISONING BEING CAUSED BY A LACK OF GLUTATHIONE, NOT BEING CAUSED BY A LARGE QUANTITY OF MERCURY LIKE THE TRADITIONAL POISONING.

In fact, could a moderator please delete all these irrelevant posts as it's confusing too many people regarding the type of mercury poisoning i am talking about.

jametto
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jun 2010, 11:56 am

Vexcalibur wrote:
There are no links between mercury and autism.

It is true however that mercury poisoning and autism have some few symptoms in common. This is by far not the first occurrence of two completely different things having symptoms in common.

No, vaccines don't cause such poisoning (duh) There are already countless and countless of studies that have proved so. The only reason people still push for that old song is to sell "alternative" therapies for autism that do not work, are dangerous and extremely expensive.

They've only tested for traditional mercury poisoning.

The evidence supporting the theorised autsistic type of mercury poisoning is the severe glutathione deficiency in autistic individuals. Which has been proven by multiple studies.

jametto
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jun 2010, 12:00 pm

Ok lets try a different approach as direct communication is not working..
I'll keep it short so you can't choose to ignore everything in my posts by addressing one little unimportant thing which has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

Answer me this question.

If an individual is deficient in glutathione, how does he/she flush the metals out his/her body sufficiently?

Autistics are glutathione deficient as proven multiple times, so how do the metals get flushed out?

jametto
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jun 2010, 12:26 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
Further, in the scientific community (as opposed to the pseudoscientific community), the word "theory" has a specific meaning. A theory is an idea which is backed up by observable facts and/or replicable experiments. If you cannot prove your "theory", it isn't a theory - it's a hypothesis, which is science-speak for "wild-a$$ guess."

Mercury can't be drawn out by "magnetic baths" - its magnetic moment is so tiny that it wasn't even possible to demonstrate it until 2005. It simply cannot remain ionized long enough to be "drawn out" by a magnetic field. That's not a matter of "I thought about it, and this is what came into my head" - this is a matter of the laws of chemistry and physics.

And the series of hypotheses about mercury storage is just dizzying - it's in fat! No, it's in brain tissue! Okay, just the left parietal lobe! (And how the mercury, a chemical element, is supposed to know the left parietal lobe from any other stretch of gray matter is left unexplained...) Now, it does seem to store itself in the pituitary gland - but last I checked, there was absolutely no correlation between autism and pituitary function. [b]None.[/b]

Now, can we please stop trying to pass off wild guesses, bad pseudoscience, and the famed psychological phenomenon of the "placebo effect" as having greater value than the actual study of medicine?

You can make anything scientific sound ridiculous.

THERE WAS A BANG AND WE'RE ALL HERE PLANETS AND LIFE POPPED UP OUT OF THE BLUE!!

Mercury has being observed in all these examples, fat, tissues, organs, thyroid. Yet for some reason you only believe it to be in the pituitary gland?
The proof is glutathione deficiency in autistic individuals so it is a theory. Not one study has even bothered to address the type of mercury poisoning caused by this deficiency. Due to lack of glutathione, environmental mercury sources are a culprit, that's why blood is unreliable, it can never accumulate enough to appear to be above average.

Imagine a tap flowing at a constant rate into a sieve. The water from the tap is the blood, the filter is the body tissues/fat cells.

Now run that tap through the sieve for 10 years and the result is 1 gram of mercury sitting in the sieve.
Over the 10 year period you have multiple times, taken a glass filled it from that tap and got it tested for mercury by a lab. The lab found normal mercury levels in the wate.

Yet the sieve (the tissues) still has a toxic amount of mercury in it, levels were always normal, it's only now toxic due to accumulation over a long period of time. That's why blood tests are unreliable, mercury has a half life of 44 days in blood, and regardless the levels would just appear as normal, as it's not a toxic amount, it gradually builds up to a toxic amount.

Hair, urine, stool, skin are all the same. They are waste products (skin is used to excrete toxins), usually the mercury is flushed out of all of these however it cannot in this case as the body has no glutathione to flush it to that point. Regardless all of these have been deemed unreliable by the medical community for normal mercury poisoning (aka not glutathione deficient mercury poisoning). So they're all crap anyway.

Blood tests are the only reliable accepted method of testing by the medical community, and as shown it cannot be used to test glutathione deficient mercury poisoning.

So as you can see I'm not saying this or that or making up crap as I go along.

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 1:02 pm

I dont appreciate being called a "twat"....And so sorry to mess with your thread but It has also been proven that the mercury in fish is not enough to cause harm.

My husband says mercury is not magnetic and can not be diffused through the skin....he also says if you are really worried about it you can have a biopsy done to see if you are retaining mercury. If you want to debate with him he is a Doctor of Biology where as you just read stuff you google on the internet.