Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

spunky
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Jun 2010, 2:02 pm

I'm new to the site.I tend to meet women through my work as a musician,,,,which is great,,,but trying to keep a relationship going is tough because of sound sensitivity,,,,social awkwardness,,,,etc.I'd love to meet someone I didn't feel like it was such hard work just to be with on a basic communication level.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 2:48 pm

Cool. :)

Mosaicofminds
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jun 2010, 5:25 pm

BTW, in case you ever need to email a girl you're interested in, using multiple periods like this...is okay, but it's not grammatical to use multiple commas like this,,, :D Sorry for being a punctuation Nazi. :D Also, if the only punctuation you use at the end of a sentence is this...you'll seem like you're always trailing off, and people will wonder why you can't make a statement. They'll think you're indecisive. I know someone who used ellipses while flirting to great effect to make himself seem charmingly nervous and self-effacing, but I think that may be difficult to do well.

Anyway, what is your question? Where to find someone? How to keep a relationship going when you have sound sensitivity or are socially awkward? I'm sure a lot of people here will have good advice. :)

spunky
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Jun 2010, 6:15 pm

Thanks Mosaic.No prob on the punctuation.I never took typing so I just hunt and peck.It's frustrating and sometimes I just skip the punctuation.Really,what people think of that is not a big thing to me.I would hope they'd look a little deeper.As far as my question,yes I'd love any advice on keeping a relationship together when dealling with AS.It was both a question and a statement.Having realized that I'm an Aspie at the age of 50 has been difficult.Having to look back at situations in my past and reframe them looking through the lens of AS has been a double edged sword.It explains alot,but also there is a lot of wreckage in my past (relationships,jobs etc).If I would've at least known something was going on I could have explained to people around me for whatever that's worth.I've flirted with depression since I realized my situation.It has gotten better,but there are times I'm a little overwhelmed.Thanks for listening and responding.I appreciate this site.

spunky
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Jun 2010, 6:19 pm

Thanks Mosaic.No prob on the punctuation.I never took typing so I just hunt and peck.It's frustrating and sometimes I just skip the punctuation.Really,what people think of that is not a big thing to me.I would hope they'd look a little deeper.As far as my question,yes I'd love any advice on keeping a relationship together when dealling with AS.It was both a question and a statement.Having realized that I'm an Aspie at the age of 50 has been difficult.Having to look back at situations in my past and reframe them looking through the lens of AS has been a double edged sword.It explains alot,but also there is a lot of wreckage in my past (relationships,jobs etc).If I would've at least known something was going on I could have explained to people around me for whatever that's worth.I've flirted with depression since I realized my situation.It has gotten better,but there are times I'm a little overwhelmed.Thanks for listening and responding.I appreciate this site.