Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 1:06 pm

How much does it have to with AS, assuming you don't have sensory issues that keep you from enjoying sex? Mine in insane...I guess it was always somewhat high but since I've hit 25 it just sky-rocketed. I guess it was always high, really, I was just more self-conscious and less experienced so sex was scary.

If we were exposed to more testosterone in the womb( although I don't know if this is just theory or not), doesn't it make sense that we would have a stronger interest in sex because our brains are more masculinized? I see a lot of information that implies Aspies have no interest in sex, especially women, OR that they are absolute animals about it.

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 1:19 pm

It seems like a love it or hate it thing as far as sex and AS are concerned. I, for one, am fanatically obsessed with it. In a positive way. (Positive fanaticism? Hm..) Anyway. I love it. :roll:

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 1:22 pm

I have a high sex drive, and I have a little suspicion I might have too much testosterone. I have the excess hair, aggressive nature, and male type facial structure...

TiredGeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jun 2010, 1:56 pm

I don't know. I think I read somewhere that its normal for womens hormone levels and thus sex drive to change over our lifetime.

I had low sex drive except for a few years around age 28-34, during which it was really high. I think my AS tendency towards routines and obsessions probably exaggerate my mood further. Eg. higher sex drive > obsess about sex > even higher drive; lower sex drive > obsess on non-sexual interests > even lower drive.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 2:03 pm

I had a horrendously high sex drive since age 16.

It didn't help that women are seen as abnormal for wanting anything other than LOVE. As opposed to pure physical sex. I felt like a monster.