What would you do if you could take over the world

Page 3 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2006, 9:32 am

If I were absolute dictator I would boost scientific research and try to eliminate most restrictions. I would also rework cultures to fit into a progress based world and try to increase economic growth, sustainability, and efficiency. Growth means progress, sustainability is progress we can keep, and efficiency is a sign of deep growth as opposed to superficial. I would destroy all negative groups and products like I would end the KKK and tobacco. My long term goal would be conquering the universe, I might not be able to do it but every society needs a goal and the lack of outside competition means a greater need for self-motivation.

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2006, 11:42 am

Oops...I meant illegal drugs that people take because they're stupid, (Becasue they can't say no to something bad for everyone) like cocaine and heroin. I would keep caffeine and alcohol, though, and antibiotics.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2006, 12:31 pm

If I'm the world president, all highways will be demolished, and replaced with a strong railroad network that America enjoyed in the 19th and early 20th century.

Sorce
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2006, 1:25 pm

1. Freedom of religion until they start complaining or killing people. After that, they get to worship whatever comes into my mind.
2. People can marry whomever they want to as long as the other person is willing and 18. No polygamy because if I make that legal people will have fifty kids and then get a divorce just to annoy me.
3. Make everyone speak one language because I'm lazy, and hiring interpreters would cost money.
4. Overcrowding of prisons leads to whining, so I would have to apply the death sentence to rapists and child molesters.
5. Fox will never be allowed to cancel anymore shows unless it's shows like Johnny Zero and The Simple Life.
6. If I go on vacation I'm gonna go to a place on hunting grounds. So if protesters show up and end up getting shot, that's not my fault. :wink:
7. Israel and Palestine would be blown off the map. They annoy me.

Moral of the story: Grumpy and easily annoyed people should not inherit the earth.

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2006, 2:04 pm

Sorce wrote:
How would you do that?

BTW I would also ban joking as an excuse to say something hurtful towards someone (like "he says 'you are a [begins with 'sp', rhymes with plastic]' He was only joking.) Anyone who does this would be sent to jail for 3 years.

Sorce
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2006, 2:26 pm

deep-techno wrote:
Sorce wrote:
How would you do that?

Scratch that plan. Blowing them off the map would be a waste of money. I would hire some scientists to figure out a way to trap the two countries inside of a bubble. Place cameras everywhere, and broadcast worldwide the deathmatch of the century. To ensure they'll wipe themselves out in a timely manner, I'll place a very limited amount of bathrooms inside of the bubble. This will be the punishment for any country that's in a war with another country that's lasted for over a hunderd years.

Rhisiart_Steffan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2006, 6:35 am

1) Protect minoity languages, by banning major languages in the areas where that language extist and prevent speakers of the major languages from living there and all public services must be monoligiual for thje users of the area i.e. english for the english ect.
2) Increase investment to africa and areas where investment is needed.
3) Provide a decent level of healthcare ever where.
4) All ethic groups will have an elected assiemble.
5) disarm all nuclear warheads
6) invest in cleaner powersources

Scaramouche
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Apr 2006, 6:37 am

Sorce wrote:
Scratch that plan. Blowing them off the map would be a waste of money. I would hire some scientists to figure out a way to trap the two countries inside of a bubble. Place cameras everywhere, and broadcast worldwide the deathmatch of the century. To ensure they'll wipe themselves out in a timely manner, I'll place a very limited amount of bathrooms inside of the bubble. This will be the punishment for any country that's in a war with another country that's lasted for over a hunderd years.

I love that plan. I think I'll buy the series on DVD.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2006, 6:40 am

Sorce wrote:
deep-techno wrote:
Sorce wrote:
How would you do that?

Israel hasn't been at war for a hundred years. In fact, it's only been in existence for about 60. :)

Scaramouche
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Apr 2006, 6:45 am

ed wrote:
Israel hasn't been at war for a hundred years. In fact, it's only been in existence for about 60. :)

Yet they managed to be at war before that anyway. It's the national sport.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2006, 6:46 am

Sorce wrote:
4. Overcrowding of prisons leads to whining, so I would have to apply the death sentence to rapists and child molesters.

See this topic: (BOY, 13, RAPED AN 11-YR-OLD)
http://www.wrongplanet.net/asperger.htm ... ic&t=11920

You would apply the death sentence to him?

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2006, 6:47 am

Hmm. I'd prefer to be able to have free legal amnesty to do what I want, rather than taking over the world. I'd go after those on my list, and do what I want with them. The list is small, but Fred Phelps, serial killers and pedophiles beware. For I shall lead you into a world of pain such as you have never seen before. And I'd want to have an audience with Bush, Hussein, John Howard and bin Laden. To ask why, and not let them go until I am satisfied.

Oh yes, and I would kick my dad in the nuts a dozen times, and then I'd be satisfied. I don't wanna cause lasting damage (he already has been neutered), just let him know what I think of him.

Personally, I feel, what is the point of temporal power if it is only temporary. I'd rather be practically immortal (or at least a life-span of millions of years).

gsilver
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2006, 7:27 am

Realistic answer: I would quickly go insane attempting to deal with all of the dissidents a world leader would cause, in addition to all of the responsibility inherent to such a position.

Idealistic answer: If the world is under a single leader, the unity required for such an action would effectively mean and end to war. Should this occur, the need for a defense budget drops considerably. Obviously, there is still a need for a self-defense force in the event of uprisings, but that would be far less than a full military. Cutting this program would drastically reduce the necessary budget needed to maintain a government, so more money would remain in the hands of the people (more specifically, the ultra-rich). While I have absolutely no love for the ultra-rich, the amount of money we literally throw away keeping up with the arms race is ridiculous.

Other goals would be health-motivated restrictions on the industries, such as tight restrictions on the inclusion of trans fats within foods, and shutting down, rather than fining, facilities that break emissions laws.

So called "legislated morality" laws would be drastically cut back. If an action does not hurt anyone else, it should not be illegal, and a self-imposed moral system is far more important than a government making those decisions for you.

Fun answer: I would fund a "rent-a-friend" program (as featured on the cartoon Tiny Toon Adventures, but expanded to cover all age groups), so that hopeless introverts like myself can at least experience an emulated version of genuine friendship.

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2006, 7:36 am

I would also ban terrorist/hate groups like Al Qaeda and KKK, and I would apply strict laws on birth control in developing countries (like India and China) to stop people having too many children.

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2007, 7:19 pm

deep-techno wrote:
I would also ban terrorist/hate groups like Al Qaeda and KKK, and I would apply strict laws on birth control in developing countries (like India and China) to stop people having too many children.

That is true, because they aren't doing anything by rallying!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2007, 9:01 pm

Break all bones in all bodies of all sex offenders. :twisted: